UV set up advice Blagdon 18w

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Blagdon 18w UV that I have owned for approx. 5-6 years. Always well maintained, new bulb every year etc.
I recently dismanltled everything and renewed all hoses, 'O' rings and a new ballast for the UV.
A couple of weeks have passed and I have cloudy water. I have checked and double checked everything Sponges, Bio balls etc.
My concern is that I have assembled the UV so the flow is in the opposite direction to what it was previous.
Let me explain further.
My UV lays horizontal behind the pond with the inlet to the top. The outlet obviously at the opposite end but with the hoze attached to the end, Horizontal, running in line with the UV.
For the life of me I cant remember if this was the same set-up as previous but if anyone could advise if changing this around the other way would make any difference.
Any further advice would be appreciated.
TIA

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I used to have 2 uv's, with the ones I had it did not make a difference which way the water flowed.
Is your water cloudy or green? Can you post a picture of your setup?

Ask a Question