Advice for external pump setup

Reaction score
Going to use an external pump (sequence 750) for my pond. I will be using a 100 stock tank 5' high. What is the differences between an external pump and a submersible setup? Where is the best place for the external and can it be put at ground level? Is the water just sucked up from the bottom of pond or is there anything special I have to do? Any and all experienced people with external pumps setup inquire within, Diagrams would be helpful for my setup thats why I inserted a sketch of my pond to give u a better idea. Thanks

Attachments

• POND SKETCHjpeg.jpg
    POND SKETCHjpeg.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 698
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
If your not going with a through liner bottom drain you could use a retrofit bottom drain.
It's going to be hard to get the poop moving to any bottom drain with all those nooks and crannies.

Reaction score
I went ahead and ordered the Sequence 750 with Dodad, also checkin into that Aqua art retro drain, looks like something thats going to work for me with the sequence thanks jason....

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
You ordered from me? When did that happen?
y2kdejesus said:
I went ahead and ordered the Sequence 750 with Dodad, also checkin into that Aqua art retro drain, looks like something thats going to work for me with the sequence thanks jason....

Reaction score
I had the Aqua Art with the Sequence pump and it worked great. I did put a hole through the side of the liner, however. I just could not get the water to go over the side of the pond without an air bubble getting caught at the top of the pond wall.

However, I think it's because my filter was in a pit below ground. I have seen lots of people do it successfully and have it work by going up and over the pond. You may need a properly placed check valve it to happen, however.

Reaction score
I am gettin the sequence with the priming pot so I am thinking I should be alright with running tubing up and over the side of the pond with no problem I hope.....Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Reaction score
i had it with the priming pot as well and still didn't work for me. Again, mine was leading very deep into a filter pit and I think that was the dilemma.

Reaction score
I am going to use a 100 gal stock tank bio filter/waterfall 3 1/2 feet above pond water level so I hope I wont run into that problem but who knows......Thnxs

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I read a neat article about using 2 inch pvc pipe, cut with multiple cuts, 1/3 through 1/4 inch wide, laid the length of the pond, on the bottom. With T's if needed, connected to the pump. The slots pointed to the bottom of the pond, with a pipe extending out of the pond or just to water level, or a T before it goes into the pump with the hose connection. That pipe would have a hose connection on it so the pipe could be back washed if it gets plugged up.
We are going to use this in our pond, i do not want to cut the liner to put in a bottom drain.
Will let you all know how it does.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yep there are, this is just what we want to try. Easy to convert to something else if it does not work well. Cost....3 pieces of pvc one T, a few 45's

Reaction score
addy1 let us know how it goes and pics wud be great....I am in the same situation as you, I do not want to cut into the liner. That is jus another place for possible leaks. I have read of so many instances of people having leaks in the BD's....

Ask a Question