j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Hmmmmmmmmm, seems I spoke too soon..................I have a bug in the machine.........................now when I click New Content it say there is none and I now have to go to Forums and go down each thread to get new posts. Sorry to bring a fly into the ointment Ian.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
http://www.youtube.c...nel_video_title
as you can see its not working for me again.....no video button yet?

Hi koiguy, the video button should be on the toolbar - between the twitter and quote buttons?

Can you try visiting the youtube page of the video, click "share" under the video and then tick the "long link" box? That may do the trick.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ok now I was able to get to this thread only listed under New Content but all others are not listed w/ new posts.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
the button between twitter and quotes is "media"...no video button.

see...all the sudden it works...but will it again?

yes it did!!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hmmmmmmmmm, seems I spoke too soon..................I have a bug in the machine.........................now when I click New Content it say there is none and I now have to go to Forums and go down each thread to get new posts. Sorry to bring a fly into the ointment Ian.

I'll have a look and see what I can do to see how the VNC button works :). When you click on it, what options are lit up in purple on the left hand column?

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Koiguy what browser are you using.

Ian I don't have a problem with IE but it does not work with chrome.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
see...all the sudden it works...but will it again?
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Z8iqEzJ5-gE

For some reason it looks like the URL has dots in it, so it's not a proper URL:

Code:
http://www.youtube.c...h/?v=Z8iqEzJ5-gE

Can you try pasting the URL in to the media button box and see if it has dots in it when pasting it (although don't copy the link from above, as it will be the same malformed URL - it should be the following:

Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8iqEzJ5-gE

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Ok now I was able to get to this thread only listed under New Content but all others are not listed w/ new posts.

I have been having that issue too ian, usually if I go in and out a few time it will finally show new content, sometimes I have to go to the main forum then back to new content to get it to work. Other times its goes to new members then to new content after another click.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I have been having that issue too ian, usually if I go in and out a few time it will finally show new content, sometimes I have to go to the main forum then back to new content to get it to work. Other times its goes to new members then to new content after another click.

It looks like the button defaults to show new content from the area that you're currently in - so I'll change this now to force it to use only the forums :). Can you give it a whirl now and see if that did the trick?

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It looks like the button defaults to show new content from the area that you're currently in - so I'll change this now to force it to use only the forums :). Can you give it a whirl now and see if that did the trick?

Looks like it is working better, I went in and out of pm's then back to new content, then other places so far so good Thanks!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States

new content now showing nothing even though there is still new content...............just a fyi! lol

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
new content now showing nothing even though there is still new content...............just a fyi! lol

Hmmm this is strange... what options are highlighted on the left hand side of the "view new content" page? Does the list appear totally empty?

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hmmm this is strange... what options are highlighted on the left hand side of the "view new content" page? Does the list appear totally empty?
Yeah i was clicking through post reading them not replying I knew there were about 5 more and they went away.
Maybe the system thought i had read them was moving pretty fast. Shows new content now, so will just let you know if happens again, just a little weird, no biggy, sometimes I can back arrow and click down to the next post to read.

Ask a Question