addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have a big fat looking one living under our garage again, might be a mama. If so we might have babies playing on our deck again.

great video!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Very cute!
So now I have a question: what is the difference between a woodchuck and a groundhog?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I think it just depends on where you live on what you call them. They are the same animal and some call them whistle pigs and land beavers.

Found this on the net:
The word “woodchuck” is associated with the groundhog due to fact that the Algonquian name for the groundhog is “wuchack.” From there, it evolved into “woodchuck.” It has been the subject of a famous tongue twister and a day dedicated to the animal.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
We love our fat little one that lives under our shed we call him our beaver when he is by the pond. If he would just stop eating pump cord it would be great

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
If he would just stop eating pump cord it would be great
@warren I am not sure of the setup but maybe if you have a older hose you can cut it open the long way and make a wrap for your cord. You could do the same with a pvc pipe but not as flexible.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I am planning on relocating the outlet closer to my rock work. I’m working on rebuilding my waterfall so I plan on running a large enough electrical conduit under the rocks that the pump wire and the hose to the filters in the waterfall can be ran though it. Mr ground hog will have to find something else to munch on. It will also hide the hose and wire while stile allowing me to remove them without having to dig them up or disturb the rock work. Hope to start this weekend. Have rocks covering the wire now.

Ask a Question