addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Anytime we are not here we miss the view. Just love it.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
If I ever get a chance to build another house, I will start with the pond and work backwards from there making sure I have a great view of it from the house. Maybe I will design the whole house to wrap around the pond... well, a girl can dream, right??

herzausstahl

herzausstahl
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
This is why I have one and only one location in mind for my wildlife pond, straight back from the kitchen so I can watch it in winter. Would love your view addy with JW's weather!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Somebody wants my weather? You would have it for a few yrs and you would want to go back to your nice hot summers and not all this soggy wet stuff all year long. I'm not kidding, we have had summers where it pretty much did nothing but rain. Talk about ripped off! Lately they have been pretty good w/ some sun tho and I must admit when it is sunny and warm here it is just perfect :)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My house is sound proof to a point and have to open the windows to hear it .I had windows put all over and 2 sets of sliding doors ,I cannot stand a dark house .i am a sun person

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I hear you Sissy. I love the sun shining through windows. Our house had some wonderfully huge windows on all sides except the back which is the south facing wall. That was one of the reasons when we planned the addition we needed more windows back there :) and we put in the glass door.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I Only thing about south facing windows is during the summer .I had to put those heavy blinds and insulated panels under my drapes .The sun can be brutal then .But in the winter that sun sure warms your bones .I wanted a sun room and son was supposed to help build it but he moved back to NJ and it is not something you can do your self .Just a small one on the deck off my morning room for winter time .After I see if the insurance company does pay on heat pump I may think about it .But I do need a dependable car also .Spent over 3 thousand dollars on the 2 I have .But can't complain about that since over the years all they have needed is tires and oil changes .Tires dry rot here .11 years here and 2rd set of tires on 1 vehicle 3rd set on the other .Goodyear must be making there tires to not last .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We get lots of sun in the winter, sometimes tons of snow on the ground and we need to open the doors to cool it off. During the summer we drop drapes as the sun moves around. ow they are open

Ask a Question