water color

stroppy

stroppy
Reaction score
mountaindew said:
I cant keep plants in there because they eat them.No,I have not been doing weekly water changes.I have to watch how much water I put in because we have city water and it has chlorine in it

you need to use something to get rid of the chlorine i use tetra AquaSafe it removes chlorine and heavy metals ... i bet your water would clear if you did weekly water changes :lol:

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
250-300 gallons is a 10% water change, I usually recommed 10% weekly but I would not recommend any more than 20%- 500-600 gallons at the most. But don't waste it! All your grass and plants will really love it! Lots of good nitrogen for the garden, If you can hook a hose up to a temporary pump walk around and water everything, Better than Miracle Grow!

Reaction score
a couple of notes regarding the use of activated carbon, well i purchased some activated carbon so i sould make: 1) an add on filter for the small amount of tannins i get from the old log that edges part of my pond, and 2) a tap water filter for when i am topping my pond up after evaporation/water changes,
first of all i read on the internet that it is best to soak the AC for a couple of days to remove the phosphates as this could lead to an algal bloom,
in light of this information i filled up a tub of water from my pond to soak the AC in, now i ph tested my pond water in the tub before i put the AC in to soak and it was 8.3, after 30 mins with the AC i tested it again and it was 7.9, i will continue to test regularly to see how much it drops, so this shows that AC can lower ph, however this is 500g of AC soaking in 2 litres of water, so this may take a longer time scale or not have as much effect on a larger quantity of water, depending on ratio of AC to galls of water in pond ! i will update results

Ask a Question