Water Lilies not blooming

Reaction score
Country
United Arab Emirates
Hello,

(Apologies for the big rant)

Newbie here. I have 5 water lilies. All in big plastic pots ( I live in the UAE and have this on my balcony which gets ample sunlight). The first one I had was Dauben and then a yellow one (don't know the name) and then purchased a Colorado. I have added a Tina (second try) and Wanvisa last week to my collection.

My dauben and first Tina plant used to flower everyday but then I noticed that the plant was dying , leaves with holes and the Tina became like pulp. I was told it was because of snails. But I did not have an infestation. I clean it daily off yellowed leaves and squash the snails up. So I don't think that was the problem but maybe due to the fact I had put an algae control liquid and I think that's what's caused the problems. My dauben has bounced back, the yellow is now producing leave (it had an abundance of leaves but has never bloomed) and the rest of the new ones are doing ok. I have Pondtabs which I purchased online and also NPK (12-12-17). I have used them alternately (is this also a problem?). Please advise.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to our forum!

It may have been the algae control stuff you used. I use osmocote for my lilies a few in the hot tub pond get tabs since it is easy to put them in.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1621441934606.gif
@Browneyes

Ask a Question