Water PH

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
@BRENDA BARAJAS - thanks for hanging in there with all the questions! Many times people just get intimidated and drop off the face of the earth. As @Mmathis it often takes a few posts with follow up questions to get to the full picture.

Do you have any shade on your pond? And when you did have fish, did I understand that you had the same fish without any trouble for a long period of time?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b- 8a
Country
United States
@BRENDA BARAJAS - thanks for hanging in there with all the questions! Many times people just get intimidated and drop off the face of the earth. As @Mmathis it often takes a few posts with follow up questions to get to the full picture.

Do you have any shade on your pond? And when you did have fish, did I understand that you had the same fish without any trouble for a long period of time?
At the time my problem started,I had the fish for awhile. I also had some shade various time of the day. After I did my work on the pond, the fish died 2 days later. Haven't had fish since because of pH. A couple of years ago I had to take a tree down . Now pond is in full sun until late in the day, but not really what I would call shade either. Have had several frogs for the last 3 years but none presently. Now pH is 8.4- 8.8 so will try new fish after I use a dechlorinator. Will see how it goes.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Hydrogen peroxide can over-oxygenate the water plus alter the PH significantly if not used correctly.
Fish can die as a result.

A complete list of water numerical test results using a liquid test kit will be the fastest route to solving any problems.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b- 8a
Country
United States
Hydrogen peroxide can over-oxygenate the water plus alter the PH significantly if not used correctly.

A complete list of water numerical test results using a liquid test kit will be the fastest route to solving any problems.
Thank you for this information. As of right now I have no fish but I will keep this in mind, and I will purchase a liquid test kit to be able to do it myself.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b- 8a
Country
United States

Thanks for this information..

Ask a Question