Water under liner

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a Large amount of water under my liner...pond/pool is 25x25 and no way to drain it from outside of liner as it has a stone wall all around...any advice I'd appreciated

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
you have to get a hose / pipe down to the bottom or at least close to the bottom of your pond on the out side. stone wall or not thats what needs to be done. nowhere are a couple tricks you could use to do a limited width in a tight space. A power washer / preasure washer and a shop vac can do the job and you won't have to worry about ripping the liner. as you spray the preasure washer down into the dirt use tgw shop vac to remove the mudd and dirt. now you can use a 2 inch standard shop vac and put a reducer on it to say a 1 inch and it won't be fast but it will do the job you need. to create the path of least resistance once you get to the bottom of your pond stick a perforated pvc pipe in the hole you just made. and when water should take that new route over lifting the rubber. You can always stone the bottom of the pond as well pushing the water to go up the pipe too

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks for that advice But I don't think that will work...you see...the pond is a bi level pool
20200327_175831.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They make whats called a bulked fitting, as you do not have any water above the liner GET READY TO GET WET.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hmmm...i will look into that...the pond is 5 feet deep in the deep end and has a diving rock for the kids...i don't want to cut the liner but think that is the only way...is that what you are referring to S a bulkhead fitting?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Poke the liner where the bottom would be let the water drain into the above the liner . now you want to make sure that you do NOT make a hole larger then your bulked fitting i would think a 1 inch or a 1.5 inch would be all you would need.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
wait a minute in looking at your photo again why not just remove a side of cap rock and peal the liner back ?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
So slide a pvc pipe down between the ledge and the liner the liner is already pushed away from the ledge it should be a breeze. now you may have the pipe bulge showing under the liner but it sure beats the hippo you got going there for that matter i would probably put 3 pipes in one in each corner of the deep end and one in the middle if you think you have a fast flow of water under there 1" pipe cant handle a lot of water

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You will want to perforate the pipe so if the bottom of the pipe clogs you still have water getting into the pipe

Ask a Question