Anchoring underwater lights

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
So one set of my underwater lights gave out after 5 years. I was surprised they lasted that long. The company that made them has gone to remote control and I find that is the main reason for failure so ordered a different brand. Look the same but feel a little lighter. The only bad reviews were for the lights not staying anchored- they float! Suction cups don't stick well to algae.
Went with same method I have used in the past- lasted all 5 years. All you need is some cheap 4x4 tile and a roll of duct tape. I also sealed the threads on the lights with clear silicone as an added measure. Lights set flat on pond bottom and are easy to move around.
015.jpg
031.jpg
033.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Very clever! Whoever decided suction cups was a good idea has never seen a real pond I would guess!

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I used to ziptie them to rocks. It was kind of a pain, sometimes they'd roll over.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Go to your local pet store or online and look for marine epoxy . rub the rock you want to stick the light to. then all you need is a dab of the epoxy its safe for fish and dryies underwater. I found its better to stick it to a loose rock so you can adjust them at any times . If you chose a Boulder once its stuck its done. you can break it free with damaging the light at least so dar so good.

Ask a Question