Underwater camera

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Thinking of streaming the pond this year to our tv anyone using underwater cameras?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
i keep hearing from people that they don't last that they have terrible resolution i keep waiting for someone to come out with a nice model

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
I know you are looking for something more professional -- but I did sort of a fun thing. I found a tall vase with square sides and nice clear glass. I turned my phone camera on "video" and hit record, then put the phone in the vase and sat the vase down into the water on the top plant shelf in the pond. It made a very fun little video and worked much better than I thought. I know this isn't the solution you are shooting for, but thought I would mention it.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
There is a thread here somewhere about underwater cams, mrsclem and I have underwater cams that transmit to our TV's I have three different types, not cheap, but they work.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
i keep hearing from people that they don't last that they have terrible resolution i keep waiting for someone to come out with a nice model
Mine have been running for around 4-5 years now, maybe longer, resolution is good enough for me. Rather see them this way then not at all. This time of year harder to see the cam lens gets covered with dirt under ice. And I am not there to clean it, I wipe it off about every month or so.
fish3(2).JPG
fish3(1).JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Mine have been running for around 4-5 years now, maybe longer, resolution is good enough for me. Rather see them this way then not at all. This time of year harder to see the cam lens gets covered with dirt under ice. And I am not there to clean it, I wipe it off about every month or so. View attachment 126077View attachment 126078
thats pretty cool what model did u use

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I would have no problem shelling out a buck or two for a quality cam. But seeing how much security cameras can jump in price that may be a tall order

Reaction score
Country
United States
If your pond is visible, I used a Blink camera attached to a bar table & I can view my fish anytime. My pond does not freeze over.

Attachments

• FBA9B112-44C0-4C70-BBC5-AB4BCFCE0874.jpeg
    FBA9B112-44C0-4C70-BBC5-AB4BCFCE0874.jpeg
    146.3 KB · Views: 186
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 10
Country
United Kingdom
Thinking of streaming the pond this year to our tv anyone using underwater cameras?
Not got round to it yet, but considering using an old pond pump housing.
Remove the motor but leave the cable in place for power input, placing the camera, something like a birdbox one, in the motor housing and seal it in with a suitable piece of perspex or glass using sealant or a gasket and clamps.
Not sure whether the WiFi signal will work submerged so might have to have it hardwired with the power supply. That's the plan, BUT, it's at the bottom of long list of promised DIY/decorating projects, and my ears are most definitely aching....

Attachments

• IMG_20200217_144023.jpg
    IMG_20200217_144023.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 115

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We put one in a container, the warmth of the cam and the cool of the water caused a lot of water to gather in the container, it sweated. So we went with water proof ones. More expensive but they work.

Ask a Question