Waterproofing concrete pond

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Two part epoxies are great. however they are paints . a covering. A PENITRATING SEALER IS BETTER IN MY OPION. how ever i have not used an epoxy paint on the inside of a pond . check the material data sheet for the product . like the one someone posted they had 4 , 8 , and unknown years of durability i'd want a minimum of quadruple 8 years. rapid sets and plasters will achieve that . i'd bet there are epoxies that will as well it's just how much youll spend for it , a bag of rapid set just guessing at max is probably 12 bucks plaster probably double for the same coverage in epoxy i'd guess would be minimum of 75 bucks

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Two part epoxies are great. however they are paints . a covering. A PENITRATING SEALER IS BETTER IN MY OPION. how ever i have not used an epoxy paint on the inside of a pond . check the material data sheet for the product . like the one someone posted they had 4 , 8 , and unknown years of durability i'd want a minimum of quadruple 8 years. rapid sets and plasters will achieve that . i'd bet there are epoxies that will as well it's just how much youll spend for it , a bag of rapid set just guessing at max is probably 12 bucks plaster probably double for the same coverage in epoxy i'd guess would be minimum of 75 bucks
I appreciate the info. We used Pond Armour on our old 100+year old cement pond and it served us really well but starting from scratch soon so just trying to figure out the best route. Thanks again!

Ask a Question