We just had an earthquake

Reaction score
We were just in Mexico City Sunday as my wife's niece had a baby. I'm glad they weren't still in the hospital, they were on the 5th floor.

Reaction score
This is terrible, a three story school collapsed, they have been digging all day. A small girl is wiggling her fingers under the rubble and they are desperately trying to free her. Over 200 dead so far.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I watched horrible videos of all the buildings that came down. I don't know what these people are going to do to survive. Hope they can get that little girl out and hope no more stuck in the rubble. Your wife's niece is so fortunate to have not been in that hospital. I am praying for the people affected by this tragedy. Sure glad to hear you guys are fine. Did you suffer any damage to your home?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Here is a video I just saw of devastation done by the earthquake in Mexico city.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
They were able to save these two little ones from the school that collapsed:

Reaction score
No J.W., we went outside to get out from under the roof and away from the walls. I've never felt anything like that in my life. The news is non stop here, they have been working through the rain all night. Rain makes it worse, the dust and broken concrete will soak up the rain making it heavier threatening even more of a collapse of damaged buildings. They have the floors shored up with a lot of wood but they are pancaked one on top of the other. Rescuers are digging between the collapsed floors trying to find people.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Good to hear nothing damaged at your place. You built a strong home.
Those people who were not so fortunate are going to have a long heartbreaking haul trying to get things livable again. Sure hope they can rescue all those still trapped and that it doesn't turn into just a recovery mode. The faster they can get to them the better. Praying that the rain will stop and make it easier for the searchers to find people alive.

Ask a Question