What are your holiday plans and/or traditions?

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
We're leaving for the airport in an hour or so to pick up our Christmas guests.... our daughter and two grandkids are flying in from New Zealand to spend seven weeks with us! It'll be great to have Christmas with them (it's been ten years), although they did visit two summers back. I won't be spending as much time on the computer, since the kids (12 & 14) are on it quite a bit, but I'll check in from time to time. Have to dig out the snowshoes, etc.....they are looking forward to winter sports as they don't get a lot of snow where they live!
John

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Have a great time John with your family, that is fantastic they are able to come and visit from so far away. Enjoy them, the forum will be here when you have time for it.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Enjoy the Visit John! Its great to visit with old friends and family during the holiday, when the ponds and computer isn't occupying all my free time. LOL
My buddy came down for the weekend and helped me put out Christmas lights. Pretty cool weekend and starting to ramp up the holiday moods around here for sure!

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Had about an inch of snow left around here, but it's all been turned into snowballs by now! Waiting for more, but the weatherman is calling for warmer weather and rain, so the kids will be dissapointed for a while.
John

JoaniePA

Joanie
Reaction score
Jealous of the snow, John. We have none yet. My 90 year old dad is flying in from Wisconsin on Sunday, so perhaps it's a good thing. Still, I'm one of those people who love the seasons, snow and all. And yes... I do have to drive in it. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Holy cow, outside temp is 59 this morning at 7 a.m.!!! Steadily dropping temps today, though. Looked at 10 day, no snow in the forecast, going to have 40's and 30's through Christmas Eve. Oh well! Love this warm weather while we have it. Bad thing is that I got a ton of rain yesterday evening. Thunder, lightening, the whole bit. Sooo glad I have that overflow on my pond now so I don't have to worry about it going over the edge. :)

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
53F this morning! And it's been raining all night, but they are calling for wet snow tonight and tomorrow. This has to be the craziest year ever as far as weather is concerned. The pond has a low, rock-filled overflow, so it's all right. John

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Bah Humbug..............back to normal here.............rain, no sun, no snow................just plain old Pacific N.W rain!
Was getting used to the dry, cold, frosty days w/ all that sunshine...............boo hoo :(

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
55 and dribbling here, going to be in the 50's all week then drop back down next week into the 40's again.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
It was 59 this morning, checked rain gauge and from 4 yesterday afternoon and through the night I got 3" of rain! Yikes!!! But, my overflow pipe is working perfect on the pond. Temps were down to 42 by 2 this afternoon, though. Not fun, cloudy yucky day. Tomorrow they are promising sunshine, and supposed to be high 40's for a few days, so I'll take it!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
61 at 230am, now temps are falling, we are 44 at 7am

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
addy do you ever sleep or do you have it set so you can look it up on your weather thingy?

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Laughing jw, I have a davis weather station with the weather link software. Weather data is uploaded to my pc every 30 minutes and out on the net. I just look up my station id on findu, it displays what has happened in the past 12 hours up to 10 days of history in chart format

The other internet site, the weather link web site gives me the highs and lows of the day, the time it happened, and current temp, rain flow, wind, etc.

Love to watch the weather.

On my pc I can bring up historical data, averages, like what temp was it on this day last year, just a click and know.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ok that's good, glad you do get to sleep some and it is fun to watch the weather forecast. We all here are always talking about it,lol!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
What I like about our weather station is it is what has happened here in our yard, not at the airport, or where they have their data collection stations.

Ask a Question