What are your holiday plans and/or traditions?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Addy, I got each of my kids a new indoor/outdoor weather station that is supposed to show temps, and forecast and so forth in and out, and humidity, and links wirelessly to the internet. Son opened his tonight and was very impressed! I have one my daughter got me 2 years ago and love it, not as fancy as what I got for them, but then what I got was on sale on Black Friday. LOL Got a sweet deal on them, too.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Great I love mine, all you want to know about what it is doing outside and more lol.... Hubby tells me to quit watching the heat index and the wind chill (depending on time of year) Reads the indoor info too, how humid, temp.

What is really neat is to see how hard the rain is falling in some of these storms, one time it measured at 17.89 inches an hour.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Now that sounds like a horrific amt of rain coming down! Good thing you are up on a hill. No flooding for you. Us to up on a hill but floods down below and then we are stuck up here on top till water recedes back to the river.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We have no water issues, do see mini streams running down our slopes around the house when it down pours. We have a dry stream bed that becomes a running stream with the rain, it is one of the neighborhood runoff collections. But it is back in our woods that we leave natural for the critters.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Got a pleasant surprise last night! The wife and I ran out to deliver some Christmas things, and when we got back there was a strange car in the driveway. As we walked up to the house, our son-in-law stepped out the front door! He had flown to Toronto and rented a car to drive here. They had known all along he was coming, but hadn't let on. So now the whole family will be here for Christmas! (Our son, his wife and two kids live just a mile and a half up the road.) John

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Great that you all get to be together for the holidays.
12dayxmas.gif

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
John that is a nice surprise. I am trying to get away from the family, seems like Christmas lasts days, go to my cousins on Xmas eve, go to my parents on Xmas morning, then come home and have my wife's parents and sister over for dinner, then at some point in the next week we have to have Xmas with her extended side of the family. I can't wait for January!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I'm off work now until Jan. 3!!! Was an extremely hectic last few days of work, but worth it. I won't worry about work until I return, as nothing will get done until then anyhow. :) I'm flying out to Utah to have a white Christmas with my daughter. She is super excited about our time together and I sure can't wait! Already had Christmas dinner and opened presents with my son. Wish I lived closer to the rest of my family, but they are all pretty spread out. But, will be great time! Neighbor girl is taking care of all my animals, and she's so thankful to do that and earn some money! Living out here, not much chance for a 14 year old to babysit unless there are some kids close. So, this is going to be a big week and a half for her!
Merry Christmas to everyone, and Happy New Year! It will be Dec. 31 at the soonest before I'm back on-line, but much more important things to do between now and then anyhow.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Patti enjoy your visit w/ your daughter and all your time off and have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!
We will see ya when ya get home. We are having our daughter and her boyfriend and grand-daughter for Christmas day. Son is in California w/ his girlfriend. Grand-daughter is making home made cream puffs and I hear they are really good. She's going to cooking school and wants to become a baker and open her own shop someday. Can't wait to try out her cooking! Guess I'll be breaking the scales if I'm not careful w/ a baker in the family!

Ask a Question