What are your thoughts on global warming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Keep in mind that without the profits from exploiting the earth's resources, there would be no research into climate change.
We would all still be living in a stone age/medieval period type environment.

Perhaps you didn't notice, the $79 billion was spent on climate SCIENCE over 27 years. Run of the mill stuff like weather forecasting, Not much of that has anything to do with climate change, it's just an observation that has been recorded and speculated on ever since CFC's burned a hole in the atmosphere and exxon swept the knowledge under the rug in the 70's.. Not much has been done about it other than work on resilience, risk analysis, fling instruments on satellites

Less than a million jobs are forecast in the likes of wind farms, solar panels

300 million americans are charging headlong at an unknown rate into the twilight zone on a volatile continent which is running out of lakes, seas, atmosphere to pollute. Literally

All that is left of hydrocarbons that are done and used, is toxic, it's dumped on the land, the seas and in the air. You really want to look up the carcinogenic and mutagenic characteristics of oil... the worst of the lot? tar sands oil

Truly evil stuff

Attachments

• coal slurry spill in Fields Creek8.jpg
    coal slurry spill in Fields Creek8.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I certainly have noticed.
I just think it's unrealistic to think that the source of funding that has allowed us to realize the current state of affairs through education and research will suddenly stop and come from somewhere else.
Where will future funding come from?
Do you expect countries like Saudi Arabia, Africa or China which have less concern for the environment, to fund climate science research?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
China forecasts 13 million new jobs in clean energy industries (their cost of electricity is substantially cheaper)

Japan is innovating floating solar panels, to deploy on lakes and seas (dang that is ingenious)

Scotlands electricity grid is close to 100% at times, from wind power

Germany is close to 70% from wind and solar at times (their cost of electricity is substantially cheaper)

I've not looked at Saudi Arabia, however a quick peak at their economic data had an interesting tidbit, factoid.....

Solar power
Main article: Solar power in Saudi Arabia
During the 2012 United Nations Climate Change Conference in Qatar Saudi-Arabia announced its target to receive third of its electricity demand from solar power with 41GW of solar capacity by 2032. Same time was announced investment in 17 new nuclear reactors in next 20 years.

Nuclear power
Main articles: Nuclear energy in Saudi Arabia and Nuclear program of Saudi Arabia
In 2010, King Abdullah City for Atomic and Renewable Energy was established. The Saudi government plans a $100 billion program of nuclear power with the goal of generating 110 gigawatts by 2032, using at least 12 nuclear power plants which are intended to begin coming into operation in 2019. They have been negotiating with France, China, Japan, Korea, Russia, and Argentina over access to nuclear technology.

You will notice they won't be buying american, there isn't any....

How is relying on coal or oil any different from stone age folk burning logs, or medieval folk stoking steam engines eh?

clean energy examples.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Don't get me started on China. China is only interested in keeping their population employed with make work projects. Ghost cities, solar and wind farm manufacturing, coal plant startups.
China has absolutely no need for additional electricity. They don't have the need plus they don't have the distribution network that can handle the supply. China only wants to keep their population employed so they don't protest.

Japan is great, except for that slight engineering problem of putting backup generators below tsunami wave heights for their nuclear power plant failures.

Scotland? A very small country with gloomy conditions. I'm glad to hear that they're converting over to renewable energy, but hardly a world power.

Germany is great as well. I use some of their high quality software and hardware in my own solar heating. Still, a small country in a mild climate.

I am certainly glad to hear the Saudi's adapting more to solar energy. Their abuse of water is still a problem though. They live in a desert.

You haven't said where alternative funding could come from.

Don't get me wrong. You and I are on the same side of the argument, but where will new funding come from?

Reaction score
No minds will be changed here. Agendas are being pushed by the parties that we affiliate with and the belief/non belief in manmade global warming is almost absolutely divided by our political beliefs, isn't that revealing?

Last edited:
Reaction score
None of us were here 50 million years ago, scientists speculate by what evidence they can observe or are inclined to find. Mass extinctions did take place due to impacts by meteors and comets but man did not kill and eat all of the mastodons, wooly mammoths and giant sloths into extinction. There is evidence of this that fits the timeline in the in the Manicouagan crater in Quebec

Yup, man did finish them off, that is consensus of scientific opinion, a combo of climate change and mastodon guzzlers finished them off. Quit making excuses for climate change. I don't think you can blame shift comets, as the species developed over 50 million years and endured umpteen documented massive impacts

"Analysis of tusks of mastodons from the American Great Lakes region over a span of several thousand years prior to their extinction in the area shows a trend of declining age at maturation; this is contrary to what one would expect if they were experiencing stresses from an unfavorable environment, but is consistent with a reduction in intraspecific competition that would result from a population being reduced by human hunting"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mastodon

View attachment 97410

Outdated data, but it sounds good to a vegan.

The idea that humans wiped out North America’s giant mammals, or megafauna, is known as the “overkill hypothesis.” First proposed by geoscientist Paul Martin more than 40 years ago, it was inspired in part by advances in radiocarbon dating, which seemed to indicate an overlap between the arrival of the first humans in North America and the demise of the great mammals. But over the years, a number of archaeologists have challenged the idea on several grounds. For example, some researchers have argued that out of 36 animals that went extinct, only two—the mammoth and the mastodon—show clear signs of having been hunted, such as cuts on their bones made by stone tools. Others have pointed to correlations between the timing of the extinctions and dramatic fluctuations in temperatures as the last ice age came to a halting close.

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2014/01/what-killed-great-beasts-north-america

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Climate change is just from a population explosion .Houses going up every where .A lot of years ago who would think on an acre of land they would build 5 or 6 homes .Town homes ,condo's going up every where .More more and more

Reaction score
I've never seen so many people so vehement about something that is merely speculative and being pushed by a particular party. So many lies have been spread about this you have to really look at any of it with a suspicious eye.

Glaciers naturally shed their front edge when they get to the sea, it is called "calving" and is a perfectly natural phenomenon, but global warming alarmists insist on showing this a "The ice caps are Melting!"

https://www.asf.alaska.edu/blog/what-is-glacial-calving/

Again, for every chart there is an alternative, we tend to find what we seek.

But when a side uses outright lies the entire credibility has been lost.

https://scottthong.wordpress.com/20...or-intentional-lies-in-an-inconvenient-truth/

Last edited:

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
"The ice caps are Melting!"

The North Pole ice cap already has. And when glaciers retreat halfway up their length that is a little bit more than simple 'calving'.
I have always been one to follow the science and not opinion no matter how 'inconvenient' the truth may be.
Truth be known the real source of the problem is man's refusal (especially in Western culture) to accept responsibility for anything.

Reaction score
The North Pole ice cap already has. And when glaciers retreat halfway up their length that is a little bit more than simple 'calving'.
I have always been one to follow the science and not opinion no matter how 'inconvenient' the truth may be.
Truth be known the real source of the problem is man's refusal (especially in Western culture) to accept responsibility for anything.
The earth has heated and cooled for millions of years before we ever got here and will continue to do so. There is no proof that man now has anything to do with it if it is in fact true. Antarctic ice is at it's thickest in 28 years.

Why, does one particular party want you to believe this so much? Could it be for the control? Its hard to consider, let alone admit that perhaps you have been sold a bill of goods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question