What do I need to know to relocate my fish to our new home?

Reaction score
As I am in a wheelchair, hubby will be catching the fish, and he is not wild about bagging them. (He keeps making suggestions about how good they might taste if I fried them up, so I don't think I'll push the issue!) He has found some 27 gallon heavy duty storage bins with lids. And an air source.

Reaction score
I am happy to report that my fish made the trip safely and are now hanging out in our temporary pond...a 300 gallon Rubbermaid stock tank. (BTW, if you ever have need for such a tank, try Tractor Supply. Much better prices!)

We've got a filter and an aerator running, which seems to be working well, but I'm a bit nervous without a bog.

Thanks again for all your help!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
If you still have the ability putting some gravel from the pond will at least give you some bio to grow and spread

Reaction score
If you still have the ability putting some gravel from the pond will at least give you some bio to grow and spread

Thanks to advice here, we transported a filter (uncleaned, ewww) in a bucket of pond water two weeks before the big move, plus a couple of slimy rocks from the bottom.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Thanks to advice here, we transported a filter (uncleaned, ewww) in a bucket of pond water two weeks before the big move, plus a couple of slimy rocks from the bottom.
gotta LOVE them slimy rocks, hey? :D :D

Ask a Question