what grows faster koi or goldfish?

Reaction score
The water quality or lack a food was not the issue because the other fry were three times her size when my hubby accidently killed them by overfeeding. I know the water parameters were good, I tested like I do with all my aquariums. They were in a 10 gallon with a filter rated 10x bigger waiting to go to the pond. I think the issue was genetics. She was an obvious cull, with a visible tail deformity, that I chose not to get rid of. Just like people, fish come in different sizes and have different handicaps.

Reaction score
It is funny how the "special" fish do get more attention and end up being so memorable. I might add I tried her in a bigger tank, but being with bigger fish was dangerous for her as you could imagine. She ended up residing very happily in the 10 gallon which became the special needs tank. She lived with one of my beloved ranchu named Igor who had a hump on her back(she was a freebie in a ranchu order and came to me with the problem) kept her company till she died from her swim bladder disease. Igor lived a year and a half sideways with lots of babying and TLC. Igor was happy despite her issues and so was the little fish, (she didn't have a name I just called her little fish btw, because I never thought she'd live that long.) She was a very happy and social runt but unfortunately being in the lowest tank, was the cats favorite place to get a drink and watch fish. She couldn't move fast enough with her little deformed tail:(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Shakaho, that was very unfair to show the Wakin from Raingarden. My dream is to get a Wakin or Watonai from them. My daughter is going to Hawaii for a school trip and I am trying to figure out how to get her to bring back one of their fish.

Ask a Question