What happened to brokenswords pond showcase?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
So we all need to answer the questions presented, stay on track but also have a small bit of off topic chat to show the newbie that we are a great friendly group and then spin right around back on track for the poster.

A balancing act.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
My two cents...I miss Brokensword, very much in fact...Very helpful, very funny, brilliant actually...a real character...But...I never really understood a lot of the castle banter between the Queen, Dime and himself...I felt "very new" to the scene (which I am) and just skimmed over it. It was their thing and I never felt that it took away from all of the invaluable help that I received from any of them. I guess I can see where someone might be put off by it since some of it was "out there" and had nothing to do with ponding but at the same time I can see that some people would find it very lighthearted and fun...
Is there ANY way to get him back?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
My two cents...I miss Brokensword, very much in fact...Very helpful, very funny, brilliant actually...a real character...But...I never really understood a lot of the castle banter between the Queen, Dime and himself...I felt "very new" to the scene (which I am) and just skimmed over it. It was their thing and I never felt that it took away from all of the invaluable help that I received from any of them. I guess I can see where someone might be put off by it since some of it was "out there" and had nothing to do with ponding but at the same time I can see that some people would find it very lighthearted and fun...
I don't think he has actually left the building yet but not sure. You can try to pm him and see if it goes through. Miss him too :confused:

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
I agree with you, I never really got into it all, but I didnt mind people just having some fun.

What he said to me is that the way he helps people wasn't really conductive with the type of forum Ian and others would like this to be, and he felt that if he couldn't engage in fun off topic conversations with others then he really didn't feel like there was a place for him here.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
But...I never really understood a lot of the castle banter between the Queen, Dime and himself...I felt "very new"
don't feel bad @rubyduby between the knights who don't spell it out all the abbreviated text and the knights of the round table . sorta speak i didn't keep up with it. if anything i feel he got pissed at my text about the gif's dancing on the signature i honestly hadn't seen the post that was already going about them i believe it was the technical side of them or something and when i made note about the i certainly stirred the pot.
i do believe he will pop back in see the posts and come back it's just a gut feeling. He split before the ruling was in.

Ask a Question