What is your weather like ... today

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Since we are all obsessed (that's what my mom from AZ says about me) with the weather, thought I would start a thread so we could post what the weather is like in our neck of the woods. This winter has sure had some mild weather across the US. Yesterday I sat and admired my fish many times, it drew me outside. The pond water was 46 degrees at the surface.
This morning, the fog has rolled in, it's 31 degrees, and the moisture on my deck is ice. I'm concerned about black ice on the roads, so will be leaving for work early. Still supposed to be above normal in temps (40's for highs and 30 for lows) the next 10 days, and mostly sunshine. Who could ask for more for February? :razz:

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
I believe my car said it was 28 this morning, high says it will be 40.

tomorrow there is a chance of flurries, high will only be 29, but no measurable accumulation.

Couldnt ask for better weather this year, i spent all day saturday outside getting the garage cleaned up, putting tools away and getting rid of my riding lawnmower project that i was never going to finish, so that i can make room for my motorcycle project that i plan to buy this weekend. Hopefully i'll actually finish this project and can ride it this spring.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
#9 this morning but supposed to get up around 60 today and the last 2 days of much need light showers was great.We need the rain and tested pond and it all tested fine ,cleaned the quilt batting and soaked it in the barrel of water and peroxide and put it back in filters .

Reaction score
Snowysnow here, but at least its warmer (14F)

IMG_9242.JPG

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Is that kind of snowfall normal for your area .I have never seen so many flat roof houses in one place .Here all of ours mostly have a peak and pitch to allow snow to slide off and water to collect in our gutters and go to downspouts .

Reaction score
Is that kind of snowfall normal for your area .I have never seen so many flat roof houses in one place .Here all of ours mostly have a peak and pitch to allow snow to slide off and water to collect in our gutters and go to downspouts .

That kind of flat roofs are not usual for these parts. These flats were build in 60s by local chemical company, for their workers . Most of private houses have normal roofs.
Is this weather normal? I would say yes. What isnt normal is that this is first serious snow of this mild winter. 30 years ago snow would fell in November and wouldnt melt till March. But as years go by its warmer and warmer. Europe generally has been hit by snow and cold weather but my place is on edge of huge low lands and is protected by mountains.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
it seems to me theres about a dozen or so threads here that either started out as, or slowly converted over to weather threads.....lol... why not 1 more? upper 40s today back to cold tommorrow....snow possible... likely later in the week!!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
From November to March wow sounds like when I lived in New Jersey .Glad I don't have to put up with that anymore .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Great mild winter here and even when it snowed it was rather mild and snow left and sunshine has been visiting for 3 days straight now. We've been outside working in shorts, weeding, playing dodge the bullets, walking at night in the full moonlight...............ah it's great to be alive isn't it?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
We're heading up to 45 today. Sunny and crisp out this morning, just 31 and heavy frost now. Pretty with the sun shining off of the frost! Supposed to rain this afternoon, then possibly turning to snow after midnight. We shall see! No frost in the ground any more, so we need a good freeze yet for this winter .... which has felt anything BUT winter.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
27 during my walk, 38 now heading for 53 then winterery mix tomorrow Sun out just beautiful

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Lucky us here in the PNW................Sunshine on my shoulder makes me happy...............LOL!

Ask a Question