What kind of goldfish????

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
After our first year ponding disaster a couple of years ago...... My wife bought this goldfish at pet smart to use as a test fish to see if new fish would live..... Even though we had three survivors...... Didn't know what to expect with new fish..... Needless to say this guy started out about 1 inch long...... He is at least 7 inches long now...... Even though the Koi are four times his size, he is the biggest bully in the bunch...... He wasn't a feeder goldfish, she bought a better one..... Thanks
B3D6F74B-EC5B-4F9D-93C9-59CC17A5F748.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Maybe part koi?
I really don't know..... He /she is the little guy with seven Large Koi......Maybe it's because it's the "Little Man Syndrome"..... But this last summer when one of the big guys would come up to get a mouthful of food..... The little stinker would actually go up and take it out of their mouths... He/she is ruthless.... Lol

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well .....Thank you .... Joyy...I went to Google Images, although there are a thousand different colors and fin styles, they pretty much all have that blunt face and bug eyes, this one has a lifetime home, even though he/she was a test fish.....I like its attitude.... Lol

Reaction score
Country
Australia
it Pretty much looks identical to my one but we have others with different colours ! I hope mine have some personality like yours

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My shubbies seem to constantly change color. They appear to stabilize a bit as they reach the 7inch range.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I wouldn't call it a Shubunkin - those by definition are Tri-color and usually have a bluish cast to the white portion of their coloring. I'd guess Sarasa Comet.

Ask a Question