What kind of netting can I use?

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Zip ties are tie wraps. They work perfect, but need to be replaced every year. They don't do well with the UV from the sun.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Zip ties are tie wraps. They work perfect, but need to be replaced every year. They don't do well with the UV from the sun.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
DrDave said:

Zip ties in arizona lasted maybe 6 months out in that sun! Then they get brittle and fall apart.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
DrDave said:

Zip ties in arizona lasted maybe 6 months out in that sun! Then they get brittle and fall apart.

Reaction score
Probly the same for Texas. It probly doesn't matter though, cause I bet its the same way for the netting. The netting probly lasts about 6 months before its in tatters. I will probly have to replace both at the same time.

Reaction score
Probly the same for Texas. It probly doesn't matter though, cause I bet its the same way for the netting. The netting probly lasts about 6 months before its in tatters. I will probly have to replace both at the same time.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
The plastic fencing material I use will last longer, it is made for outdoor use and has some UV protection. Home Depot carries several styles.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
The plastic fencing material I use will last longer, it is made for outdoor use and has some UV protection. Home Depot carries several styles.

Reaction score
Well I was a little scared that they might jump and get their gills caught in the net. I have never seen them jump but that doesn't mean that they won't. Maybe I can find some with very small holes.

Reaction score
Well I was a little scared that they might jump and get their gills caught in the net. I have never seen them jump but that doesn't mean that they won't. Maybe I can find some with very small holes.

Ask a Question