What percentage of fry should make it?

Reaction score
Totally bummed and embarrassed. My fry are mosquito fish. They really looked the same when they were little as the koi fry. Now that I moved them to a more visable tank and netted a few larger ones, I see upturned mouths. Boo!!! Well, at least we got a single koi out of this unplanned attempt. Might have to name Megalodon "Nemo" as he/she is the sole survivor known to us :sad: I will post some video of shim later, gotta run.

Reaction score
http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/...&current=208873_3944693851330_914598653_n.jpg

Here is Nemo "Megalodon" the sole koi survivor of our little hatchery experiment. He appears to be turning a nice midori green color and has a tiny bit of gin rin it looks like! Seems to be getting brighter green over the past week or so (getting more light in his new digs). Wish we had more but glad be got our lucky fish :.)

Reaction score
Oh and also, when is a good size to introduce Nemo to his/her family? I would prefer he becomes part of their school and not part of their dinner! Our largest fish is about 20" so I know he would physically still fit in his mouth. He is about 2 to 2.5 inches currently.

Ask a Question