What to do if liner is leaking

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I just found out that Water Hyacinth is now illegal to own in Chicago. You would think the City would have better things to think about like getting the drugs and guns off the streets!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Gerk said:
Cheers folks
I found the problem, liner was not sitting right in one little spot

Addy - you suggest anything on the bottom or just leave the liner?

agree with taherrmann leave the bottom empty. At one time I put some rocks in one of my ponds, it did not take long for them to disappear, I pulled them out and yuck it stunk!

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
CometKeith said:
I just found out that Water Hyacinth is now illegal to own in Chicago. You would think the City would have better things to think about like getting the drugs and guns off the streets!

you would think that huh! I've been reading on another forum and they are in the process of banning Koi entirely in Australia. But if you see how much work it is to contol hyacinths down here in the south it probably makes some sense. hyacinths have taken over large water ways here and trying to control them is a very expensive and a lot of manual labor for both the shipping industry and the US Army corp of engineers.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Just like the pythons, that people got as pets and threw out, they are killing a lot of natural critters, and spreading

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Fishin, Most of North America's native fish are banned in Australia. Why not add Koi to the list?

hewhoisatpeace

Evil Genius
Reaction score
Koi aggressively compete with native fishes in Australia. They are protecting their species. I'd sooner say that releasing koi in the wild is an instant death penalty. Might work.

Hyacinth Banned in Chicago? It won't even survive winter in upper South Carolina. It does, however, seed like crazy.

plants on line are great! If you can't find a good site, try Ebay. They do the vetting for you, just buy from Ebay Top Rated Sellers. They have to make customers happy, if they start getting bad feedback, Ebay will shut 'em down. Just can't get better than that. If you deal with private sellers, you're at their mercy. Deal with Ebay stores, and they're at your mercy. Pretty friggin' easy. Plus, they'll ship you stuff, even if it is illegal in your area.

Next y'all will be talking about alligators in the sewers.

JW, Lowes pond plants are bulk packaged, look like culls, and cost 4-6 times what they should. I'd rather shop anywhere else.

Hey, Mogsie, who the hell is Mark Gormley?

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I know, Australia is probably one of the most environmental countries out there. I have relatives that live there 6 month's and in Fresno Calif. 6 months. They have Koi ponds at both places. they weren't even allowed to move them to the states. right now they are still on an appeal and trying to get a permit that allows the tracking of the fish, The Koi folks there are trying hard to be able to keep what they have but it seems from what i here they are fighting a slow losing battle. I understand it, don't disagree with the country standing up for it's own environmental impact.

Reaction score
hewhoisatpeace, mark gormley is a singer from Pensacola, Florida, he takes himself and his singing career very seriously and i can only describe him as a legand !!

Ask a Question