What's in your water?

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
I wonder how far into the wilderness you need to go to find chemical free water. Even then, unless it's a spring it will have some contaminates.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
When my father died, the hospice nurse was required to dispose of his medications down the garbage disposal, with a witness. I understand why they do that, but it seems like a bad idea for our water quality, especially if this is a wide spread practice.

I've read in our local papers to dispose of medications in old coffee grounds, not down the sink or toilet.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Some large pharmacy chains such as Walgreen's provide disposal for medications. We have one locally that provides this service. What they do with these meds I have no idea.

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
We have police sponsored pill round ups here, keeps them out of the water system and curios teens.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
It is a nightmare... some of those chemicals are bad for pregnant women... can cause a lot of problems like autism.... Don't drink regular water if you are pregnant.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yeh they have those names for a reason bear and deer pee in the water .;):LOL:ummm ummm flavor

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We have not tested our well water, so far it has not killed us off. There is silt we have to filter out. Esp after a hard rain.

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
What would one drink? Distilled water? Bottled water will likely contain the same pollutants. The only exceptions are some of the true mineral waters.

We bought a Big Berkey a while back in case the SHTF and we were without potable water for a period.

From their website:
Berkey water filters provide the ultimate in waterbourne contamination removal. They are used worldwide to set the international standard for water filters used in clean or hostile filtration environments. Owning a Berkey Water Filter gives you the ability to utilize almost any outside natural water source and transform it into the best tasting, purest drinking water possible. All while using a natural method without the use of chemicals or complicated processes. The Berkey water filter system is so powerful it is classified as a purifier. This classification shows that we far exceed the abilities of the standard water filter. The portable Berkey can be used to filter non-potable or unhealthy water in situations where electricity and pressure are not available.

SliderFiveSizes.jpg

Ask a Question