When to bring pond plants inside?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I saw my first Japanese irises at the Botanical Gardens in St. Louis this past Spring, and was in love! The flowers were all very different and unique, compared to other irises that I was familiar with. I'm still waiting to find some in my area at local landscape places. I must tell my ponder friend that owns a nursery he must get some for next year! Going to bonfire this Sat. at his house. Wonder if I will remember to ask him .... :cheerful:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
While I was gone over the weekend, we had several more hard frosts, so all of my elephant ears are now wilted and dying. So, I dug them all up, and am drying them before storage. I assume I need to cut off all of the tops and then leave everything else intact (roots mainly), right? My huge elephant ear I got from I think TMann, had 5 babies! The Black taro had not multiplied, but the root was nice and bigger than when I planted it, so that's a plus. And, the Mojito (red and bright green variegated leaf) one should have lots of bulbs. I bought it this summer, just plopped the pot into the stream, and it did great!

Ask a Question