Where to purchase filter hoses?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Good morning! My laguna pressure filter arrived yesterday and it didn't come with any hoses. My fault! Can you suggest a good place to purchase them? Is there a company that makes them in blue?

Thanks! Kim:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
After many "pond" hoses failing over the years and wasting my money, I now use black schedule 40 flex PVC. It is probably indestructible and most likely the last hose I'll have to buy. I bought it on Amazon. I use 1-1/2" and 25 feet cost $50.

That being said, a lot of people rave about sump pump hose, which can be bought at Home Depot, Lowe's or most hardware stores.

I doubt you'll easily find any hose that is blue, but, hey, maybe a pool store will have something you might like in blue.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
I got mine off Amazon. I don't know of any in blue, but any thick wall tubing in the correct size should work, just keep in mind that pond hose is black to reduce the algae that grows inside it. How big does it need to be? Garden hose can be found in blue up to 1":
https://www.amazon.com/Underhill-UltraMax-Manguera-resistente-1-0/dp/B01176O1GE/ref=sr_1_12
Maybe https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SGZXSNP/ref=sr_1_4 or https://www.amazon.com/HPS-HTST-150-BLUE-Silicone-Temperature-Reinforced/dp/B004PB8SMC/ref=sr_1_6?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I am using this hose that I got from Ace Hardware, It's 1-1/2" vacuum suction hose, it's mostly blue and
has held up for over 5 years.
Ace Hardware Suction Hose
The store In my area had it in a roll and sold it by the foot, so didn't have to buy more than I needed.

20200526_080019.jpg

Last edited:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I use sump pump hose and have mine in place for years now .Buy clamps also

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I am using this hose that I got from Ace Hardware, It's 1-1/2" vacuum suction hose, it's mostly blue and
has held up for over 5 years.
Ace Hardware Suction Hose
The store In my area had it in a roll and sold it by the foot, so didn't have to buy more than I needed.

View attachment 129589

Thanks Chuck! That's the same color as the stock tank. We have 3 Ace stores here in town so I'll check it out.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
After many "pond" hoses failing over the years and wasting my money, I now use black schedule 40 flex PVC. It is probably indestructible and most likely the last hose I'll have to buy. I bought it on Amazon. I use 1-1/2" and 25 feet cost $50.

That being said, a lot of people rave about sump pump hose, which can be bought at Home Depot, Lowe's or most hardware stores.

I doubt you'll easily find any hose that is blue, but, hey, maybe a pool store will have something you might like in blue.
BLUE is out there but i would be willing to bet at a price. we were using some at a ship yard not so long ago.

As to pvc there are two types what they call kink free this is the cheap stuff it has a wire spun around some thin walled pvc pipe. Ant then there is pvc pipe it has some ribs to it but it's barely noticeable. i have hammered that stuff with an excavator pinched it real bad , yet an hour latter it was back to it's shape .

Ask a Question