WHICH WAY ROUND?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum. I've had a pond for a few years but have neglected it over the last couple of years because of health issues. I've recently cleaned it out, replanted it and I'm now going to introduce some fish. My set up uses a pressurised Cyprio filter and UV combined, but I think it would be wise to increase the filtration before the fish. So, which way, UV before filter or t'other way round??

Cheers
John

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Welcome @JOHN T ! I have no clue - I am not a big fan of UV so I don't use it. Others will be able to answer I'm sure! My guess would be UV first, as you want the filter to catch the algae that the UV kills, but that's just a guess!

I just wanted to say welcome and we're glad you're back to ponding! Post some pictures! We love to see ponds!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1591809303698.gif
@JOHN T
I don't use a UV either so I'm no help. Others here do so be patient.

JRS

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Welcome! Usually it is placed after the filter, the clearer the water, the more effective the UV light.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, thank you for the replies and the warm welcomes. I think I'm going to keep my pressurised system, which includes a filter and UV and simply add another filter behind that. My pond isn't very big, app 7ft dia' with a shelf about 12" deep and about 3ft deep in the middle. I've put 6 goldfish in and intend to add another 6 Shubunkins. I'd like koi, but I like having water lilies and other plants.
It's in a "reconstruction" state at the moment, but I'll post pics when finished. Meanwhile, here's a pic of my new water feature which came this morning...work in progress.
IMGL8254.jpg
IMGL8254.jpg

Cheers
John

Ask a Question