United States
White goldfish that is not albino

95a27ddab87dfbef313286dadb63e37e.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Maria. I checked a few pictures of my fish. One of the white ones definitely has red around it's eyes and one of the others has dark eyes. I'm sure I had a fish with all red eyes because that was something I found unusual. I'm pretty sure I left that fish behind in my old pond so I can't confirm it.

Attachments

• 20160617_183259.jpg
    20160617_183259.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 269
  • 20160814_180223.jpg
    20160814_180223.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 252
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
some are scaleless or transulent colourless, but doesnot have bright white scale like sarasas have snow white body , i had some of those too if your talking about pinkish tint white or yellow tint , some level of albino i guess , u may see pinkish around gills

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United States
Maria. I checked a few pictures of my fish. One of the white ones definitely has red around it's eyes and one of the others has dark eyes. I'm sure I had a fish with all red eyes because that was something I found unusual. I'm pretty sure I left that fish behind in my old pond so I can't confirm it.

I can see at least one of the white fish with red around the eyes (white fish are one of my favorite) It would be so awesome to have an albino born in my pond (I don't believe true albino goldfish are very common) I would go back and steal the one you left behind ;):D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Usman. It looks like we have some of the same fish. I like the one with red by the head, white in the middle ,and orange by the tail. I have one like that too!

Well Maria... they did pay full price for our house. I don't think it would look good if they caught me stealing a fish!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Usman. It looks like we have some of the same fish. I like the one with red by the head, white in the middle ,and orange by the tail. I have one like that too!

Well Maria... they did pay full price for our house. I don't think it would look good if they caught me stealing a fish!
yes funy thing when i saw a thumbnail pic u posted in earlier post i was thinking why this guy is posting my fish lol
these were all born from sarasa and orangish comet but it was not slim type , so had sarasa ,comet ,shub , sunrise shub .all colours incredibly and they had genes to have longer tail so they had 50% tail after some time , i have seen some people who have sarasa comet shub with shorter tail
unfortunately they didnt multiply lateron much as i added few koi too and ... i betrayed comets lol

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Usman. Well I bought some comets and shubys on line this week and because I mentioned I was thinking about buying a Koi or two the dealer actually threw two Koi in. So now I betrayed my comets too after having no Koi for more than 7 years! I definitely have mixed feelings because of course
Koi are fun to have but it is more work too and I work hard enough at my real work and like to relax around my pond. I have already noticed with their fin shape they swim differently than my goldfish. It's kind of cool how they glide through the water. My pond is plenty big enough to support them at 2500 gallons but I also like plants and lots of babies so I don't know how it will work out. The one I have like yours started as red and orange with a pencil line of white between the colors. As the fish got bigger the white kept growing so it is about 1/3rd each color now. It's definitely fun to watch them as they grow to see how their colors change.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
@CometKeith -we have koi in our pond and don't find them to be any more "work" than our other fish. I think that belief comes from people who have heavily stocked koi ponds with extensive filtering systems. But maybe someone will enlighten me as to why my koi SHOULD be more work - haha!

They DO eat more, so I have to work harder to buy their food...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I think the "more work" comes from they get larger, they eat more, and therefore they poop more. :) They maybe make more waste per inch of fish than goldfish, too, but I've never measured it to be sure. LOL I just know that my pond of koi vs my pond of goldfish (probably have similar inches of fish vs. gallons of water, maybe a little more in the koi pond) the koi pond is never as crystal clear as the goldfish pond. BUT, my goldfish pond has a much larger ratio plant bog than the koi pond. I've said before I should have done opposite, but the koi pond was done first, and the goldfish pond came second, and I love plants, so built the bog to have more plants.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Usman. Well I bought some comets and shubys on line this week and because I mentioned I was thinking about buying a Koi or two the dealer actually threw two Koi in. So now I betrayed my comets too after having no Koi for more than 7 years! I definitely have mixed feelings because of course
Koi are fun to have but it is more work too and I work hard enough at my real work and like to relax around my pond. I have already noticed with their fin shape they swim differently than my goldfish. It's kind of cool how they glide through the water. My pond is plenty big enough to support them at 2500 gallons but I also like plants and lots of babies so I don't know how it will work out. The one I have like yours started as red and orange with a pencil line of white between the colors. As the fish got bigger the white kept growing so it is about 1/3rd each color now. It's definitely fun to watch them as they grow to see how their colors change.
@CometKeith -we have koi in our pond and don't find them to be any more "work" than our other fish. I think that belief comes from people who have heavily stocked koi ponds with extensive filtering systems. But maybe someone will enlighten me as to why my koi SHOULD be more work - haha!

They DO eat more, so I have to work harder to buy their food...
I think the "more work" comes from they get larger, they eat more, and therefore they poop more. :) They maybe make more waste per inch of fish than goldfish, too, but I've never measured it to be sure. LOL I just know that my pond of koi vs my pond of goldfish (probably have similar inches of fish vs. gallons of water, maybe a little more in the koi pond) the koi pond is never as crystal clear as the goldfish pond. BUT, my goldfish pond has a much larger ratio plant bog than the koi pond. I've said before I should have done opposite, but the koi pond was done first, and the goldfish pond came second, and I love plants, so built the bog to have more plants.
well theres no comparison ! Koi have got most beautiful contrats , colours varities ,paterns and larger size , im in love with koi!

what i can count few , koi delight comes with price if u have koi u need to work hard to maintain water quality at finnest level bcz they produce more waste aswell as they are more sensitive , they require more oxygen due to there size more water more food more filteration aeration ,more depth of pond, always thinking they would grow more and how to extend pond and filteration etc and how to hide ur plants lol how to save gf fry . uil need to think about birds eating koi as they are larger they will attract predators , they can jump out of pond too .

but comets are small cute and can be kept in small pond with least resources , experience and knowledge , care . feed or dont , they are hardier then koi in my experience and easier to observe and diagnose for disseases . u can raise few gf in a pond without any filteration aeration or food too easily . commet is said to be begginer level fish , koi is not begginer's

i have both but some how comets r more friendly and fond of me then koi , at times koi can get scared or swim away , both are good togeather both have different personalities

Lisa is right if you have good size pond it can b easier but very few will actualy follow accurate requirement of this fish due to fast growth or lack of resources or space , hense more work .

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
interesting thnx to share ur experience as u have both seprate ponds

can it be that koi are very large , strong and they have habit to suck bottom mud , gravel and blow it in water , they can also uproot deep plants and create disturbance in water . comet do this too but not this extent.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol I love my shubunkins, comets My pond could easily support koi, but no desire to have them. I like having lilies and other plants in the pond without fighting the fish to keep them alive.

Ask a Question