Winter Kill

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
If you had this build up as you say then your mantenance of the pond and filters comes into question , you simply must every Autumn make sure the bottom of the pond is clearedof any dead and rotting leaves , your filter must alo be cleane prior to this as well .
I cannot empathize the importance of this to the well being of your fish its a costly mistake as your finding out first hand .
Put together a pond and filter mantenance routine that ensures the bottom of your pond is all but spotless when coming into winter , this will ensure the survival of any other fish you buy to replace the ones you lost this winter sad as it is

Dave

Reaction score
gino: sorry for your loss... i know your pain. Have lost almost 40 fish in the past couple of weeks and my pond looks very very empty.
Agree that the sleeping sickness is very interesting topic when you start researching it online...

Ask a Question