sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
See thats why I have the large tank I bought that was damaged not only to store fish that have to be moved from abandoned ponds but for sick fish it is great .It had a damaged top on it and all I did was saw the top off that was no good and kept the rest intacked .It was one of those large tanks white tanks the sell at tractor supply that is for water storage and works great for so many things .When my pond liner was ripped by a neighbor dog I put all my fish in it with the aerator and make shift filter and it works great .Tractor supply gets them in like this once in awhile and if you ask you can pick one up cheap ,I paid 50 dollars for mine .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Addy said: "I killed off some feeders, mainly due to acidic well water". I read one paper on the nitrogen cycle which stated that "all nitrification ceases at a pH below 6.0" Something to keep in mind! John

my ph was in the 5.5 range when we first filled the pond, never thought of testing the ph. Well water, no chlorine, it sat for about 2 months before a fish was added, they all died. I felt horrible.

Ask a Question