sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have seen those blue ones at southern states here .The one my sister got was from the catalog at the store .Special order and she had to pay for it when she ordered it

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
My pond is 425 gallons. I would want a tank of at least 150 gallons to overwinter them.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My son says there is a farm store in NJ that sells them .I was on the phone with him just now .Turnpike noise ,I think he said jw farm stores

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I also know that they sell tanks in other stores ,but the weight for shipping is high because of weight .

IPA

Reaction score
63b Chesapeake-Pamlico Lowlands and Tidal Marshes
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
JW I am new to ponds want to make sure something I really enjoy before investing a few thousands. Right now would like to keep to a few hundred then if a full year later still into it upgrade.

I bought a 10x15 epdm firestone liner from Amazon ($100 with coupon) with intent if I ever expand it gets reused for a bog. Underlayment about $40, Laguna 600 gph pump about $80 (I have a danner, I wish I got the laguna), cinderblocks $60 (8x4x6) about $60 in pvc for in pond bog, $24 pond master test kit.

Plus you get to design the pond. If you make a rectangle it's about 750 gallons at 2 foot deep. Mine will be just over 400.

It is getting a little late in year to set up a new pond, but doable in a weekend and cycle with light load of fish, be ready just in time for winter.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
The 96 hour LC50 Zinc toxicity level for Koi (Cyrinus Carpio) is 7800 micrograms/L as established by the EPA. Similar toxicity levels for Goldfish (Carassius auratus auratus). Increasing water hardness increases the toxicity of Zinc.
Any galvanized tank will, over time, leach Zinc ions. The rate and total level of this leaching is strictly determined by the type and quality of the galvanizing process.
The only sure way to determine the toxicity level of any galvanized tank is with a Zinc test.

upload_2017-9-6_20-15-26.jpeg

https://watertestingkits.com/produc...deb0c94dd18d3455f769a&fo_s=gplaus&fo_oid=6076

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I did luck out and get a 300 gallon round pond on CL for $40. But I am using that as a base for a fountain at country house. Hope it doesn't leak.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
He does the details on all the trucks there and h loves marvin the martian .So that is why the color .I laugh at some of the colors he picked for the tow trucks and flatbeds

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
If it does that leak seal they sell works great .I bought one at a house auction here and they gave me the other one because it was cracked .I used the seal crack and it has lasted 6 years now .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
he almost got hit the other day that is why he called me again .Guy must have been looking but not paying attention to where he was driving

Ask a Question