Are there any submersible lights that won't leak?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Being a builder I do believe you get what you pay for within reason, and seeing as these lights will be buried in stone. I didn't go cheap, I went for 6 of the Aquascape 1 watt led all I can say thus far is one light was defective when I received it and I notified the seller and Aquascapes stood by there product and are shipping out a replacement.
Completely understandable depending on the product, the purpose and the situation. For example when an item goes on clearance. I will use plants there is no way that I could put the amount of plants in my yard that I have at full price like 70.00 trees for 10.00 or 5.00 plats for .25. Another example is when the economy drives the price and you can buy the item from another economy. Many times I have made purchases on Canada's ebay that are listed much less than the American ebay. Or when America drives up the price of a product that is cheaper if you buy it over seas. Just my 2 cents I am bigger on finding the quality of an item sometimes through trial and error depending on the consumable risk to cost ratio. When it comes to lights I don't have a clue seems that you run that risk no matter what so I would rather go with cheap at first and work up. Now the turbos that were on a custom build I had I paid a pretty penny.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply. Are these the lights your are referring to?
https://www.amazon.com/Aquascape-Su...00GMQ9HDC/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8
The reviews on the Amazon site for these lights range form "very bad" to "great" (like usual). Have you had any problems with these leaking? How long have they been in your pond? Thanks again!

Like I said I have not installed them as yet. I Have done a lot of reading and I have seen where no one takes into consideration of ICE I doubt there's many lights out there that are designed to withstand ice. I have read several blogs where the lights were leaking and I have noticed the lights within a foot from the surface. I plan on running conduit to each light The lights will undoubtedly fail in time.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
@rrr - we have those lights, but we use them as spotlights outside the pond, not underwater. We've had them since the pond went in in 2012, they go on for several hours every night - still work great!

rrr

Reaction score
@rrr - we have those lights, but we use them as spotlights outside the pond, not underwater. We've had them since the pond went in in 2012, they go on for several hours every night - still work great!
Thanks!

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My underwater lights and cameras survived this winter with no damage. I try not to move them more than necessary as it seems that the cables break down . This year I ran the wires thru the center of 100 watt heaters to keep the ice from damaging the cables. Everything still working so guess that worked. Last year i wrapped the cables in pipe insulation not thinking it floats! Cables got frozen in ice.

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is my submersible slights, I have used them for a long time, about two and a half years. The working voltage is 12V.

Attachments

• lights.jpg
    lights.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 82

Ask a Question