Best way to catch a smart Koi?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I have been checking the health of my 20 fish. Only 1 is to tricky to catch. I don't want to traumatize them and I don't want to drain water down anymore. I would just not bother with it but he was the one fish I wanted to look at.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I used a swimming pool net and a window screening .I used pvc pipe and sewed pockets on the window screening and slipped it over the pvc pipe and put one side in the pond and the other end above the pond and chased them into the window screen and then just scooped them up with the swimming pool net .I use the window screening now to cover the edges of the pond

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I have good luck moving the net slow toward the target.
And It's always easier when the waters cold

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
I have been checking the health of my 20 fish. Only 1 is to tricky to catch. I don't want to traumatize them and I don't want to drain water down anymore. I would just not bother with it but he was the one fish I wanted to look at.
@Patchtig Please read my article on the correct netting proceedures for koi :-

https://www.gardenpondforum.com/articles/how-to-correctly-net-fish.17/

Koi can be very hard to catch as they learn from each attempt your best bet is to do as the artcile instructs that way you should have no problems in catching your koi .
Its aal a question of being patient with them and not freaking them out otherwise they will just head for the ottom and stay there

Dave

Ask a Question