I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I think I might have a leak.

The pond is losing about 1" every 4-5 days, seems too fast to be evaporation in these moderate spring temperatures.

I don't see any significant splash-out or wet spots around the pond. The waterfall only runs 12 hours/day.

How do I find the leak?
Have you tried turning off the waterfall for a few days straight? Fill it up and then see if it still leaks when that is turned off. If so let the water go down as far as it will and then check very carefully around the line where the water stays. Could be a hole or if it only leaks when the waterfall is on they you will know it's the falls. Looking at your pond tho even if the falls leak it looks like the water would just fall back into the pond. Can't see the back of the falls tho but I would think you could see it coming out.

dustboy

Nattering Nabob
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Yes, if the waterfall was leaking, I would be able to see it if it wasn't falling back in. I will let the water decline and see how far it goes, hopefully not too far. If the hole is behind the horsetail, I won't find it because the root ball is now the size of a large laundry basket.

On occasion a guest dog has jumped in and probably tore the liner with his claws. That or the mischievous 4 year olds who are known to frequent my yard...

Ask a Question