Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1592430828666.gif
@djacob7
Really hard to know but at the end it looked fine when it zoomed away!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I've had koi in the past that simply 'hung out' and lingered (such as yours is doing), but it was always in an area that was heavily planted & he was ??sleeping?? suspended in the foliage. Otherwise, when one 'lingered' in an unhealthy way, it was either under the falls (high O2 area) or in a shallow area near the skimmer (neither of which seems to fit what your fish is doing)

So, I'm gonna go with -- I have no idea. Sorry. :(

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've had koi in the past that simply 'hung out' and lingered (such as yours is doing), but it was always in an area that was heavily planted & he was ??sleeping?? suspended in the foliage. Otherwise, when one 'lingered' in an unhealthy way, it was either under the falls (high O2 area) or in a shallow area near the skimmer (neither of which seems to fit what your fish is doing)

So, I'm gonna go with -- I have no idea. Sorry. :(
If it's just sleeping, I'd be happy. I once had a koi that behaved similar to this guy and the vet said it had a tumor. Maybe it's in pain? Who knows. We shall see. Thanks.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
I don't know. But I'm guessing he's just hanging out. Mine do that a lot, but it's usually in a sunny area and they all line up and just sit there. So, they're basically sunning themselves.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't know. But I'm guessing he's just hanging out. Mine do that a lot, but it's usually in a sunny area and they all line up and just sit there. So, they're basically sunning themselves.
This one sits in the shade alone.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I am going through very similar it first started with a new fish i got. Ill spare the company i bought it from but. As i tried to get that fish to eat and did with some meal worms and then food about three weeks latter he was better still not as active as everyone else but . Then one of my original fish started doing the same he would just sit in one spot. Now that i knew was wrong i had the fish over two years now totally out of character . Well he became very lethargic and it only got worse i isolated him and the next i knew the scales on his head started to lift and blow up. That turned into dead scales almost like a sun burn. " i have tons of shade in the pond it's not that " well it became red and sores. But he started doing better after i added some stress coat. as his head healed and sores were gone. i noticed another fish was staring to do the same. i think it's viral like a cold. But i am a total rookie with koi health. He fully recovered no sores no nothing . but a third fish started showing the same signs and he was the biggest of the 3 he did not have scales but he got a round white hard looking circle on his head and crease of his mouth. i was away on business and 4 days latter he was dead. i have used proform c and everyone looks good but i am unsure as to the amount of gallons that i have i did three treatment of 15,000 gallons as i wanted the whole pond cured of it . time will tell

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am going through very similar it first started with a new fish i got. Ill spare the company i bought it from but. As i tried to get that fish to eat and did with some meal worms and then food about three weeks latter he was better still not as active as everyone else but . Then one of my original fish started doing the same he would just sit in one spot. Now that i knew was wrong i had the fish over two years now totally out of character . Well he became very lethargic and it only got worse i isolated him and the next i knew the scales on his head started to lift and blow up. That turned into dead scales almost like a sun burn. " i have tons of shade in the pond it's not that " well it became red and sores. But he started doing better after i added some stress coat. as his head healed and sores were gone. i noticed another fish was staring to do the same. i think it's viral like a cold. But i am a total rookie with koi health. He fully recovered no sores no nothing . but a third fish started showing the same signs and he was the biggest of the 3 he did not have scales but he got a round white hard looking circle on his head and crease of his mouth. i was away on business and 4 days latter he was dead. i have used proform c and everyone looks good but i am unsure as to the amount of gallons that i have i did three treatment of 15,000 gallons as i wanted the whole pond cured of it . time will tell
Thanks! I'll check out Proform C.

Ask a Question