Please share photos of your covered pond

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Thank you all for your contribution to this thread, I'll have my husband read all this, and then it'll be up to him to decide whether to cover the pond or not

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
We put the Sunbubble up today. I couldn't believe how fast it warmed up inside. We positioned it off-center of the pond with the most room near the zippered entrance so I can get in there if I need to pull the submersible.

030-Nov_11.jpg

031-Nov_11.jpg

032-Nov_11.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
@MoonShadows looks so cute and leaves room for you to walk inside it...too bad it would never work for my pond!

I wonder if it would make much difference if we covered just the top shelf where the falls are and leave the main pond uncovered so that we can keep an eye on it...I wonder if covering the top and the falls would prevent it from freezing

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
No doubt on sunny days the part under the Sunbubble will be much warmer, but if you get a few days where it is overcast and very cold, I'm not sure.

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
This morning I can't even see into the Sunbubble. Evaporation during the night turned to frost on the inside of the bubble.

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
You might consider putting a couple space heaters inside the bubble.

Not sure if I want to do that unless I get some really cold days that I would need something like that. I did open 3 of the little vents (you can see them near the top on the first pic above).

I also just bought an Ambient Weather WS-0416 8-Channel Wireless Thermo-Hygrometer for my greenhouse...in fact it was just delivered about 5 minutes ago. It came with one sensor, but the base station can display up to 8 sensors. When I set it up in the greenhouse, if it is accurate, and I like it, I think I will get another sensor to put in the bubble to measure the temp/humidity in there.
41o3zs+r4mL.jpg

Ask a Question