Squirrel Grinch!

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Have all my holiday shopping done and my list in to Santa. Didn't know I was going to get grinched by a critter. One of my new underwater cameras quit working the other day. Hey, it's been raining nonstop so wet connectors. Dried fittings and reconnected and nothing. We got a break in the weather this morning so decided to swap out connectors with another camera and see where the problem was. Easy find! Wire severed less than 2 feet from connectors. I'm guessing squirrels. Infared camera, leds, night vision so cable is a nightmare. I called the company and they said send it back, they will splice and put on new connectors. Gotta be cheaper than replacing the camera so off to the post office to see if there are any priority boxes left! Why couldn't they have chewed one of the regular camera wires? I have extras on those.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We had squirrels or chipmunks chew through our propane line last year. We were not here. When we drove up I told hubby something is really wrong, you could smell the propane everywhere. Loss 55% of a 500 gallon tank of gas. Luckily no sparks.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I'm so thankful to the company for offering to fix it. I was going to try but figured I would call to see if it was even possible. They buy the cameras overseas and then redo them so it should be an easy fix.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Squirrels don't like Big Brother watching
upload_2018-12-21_16-59-43.gif

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yeah nice to hear! So far mine are working good. No squirrel attack.

Ask a Question