Water flowing into pond.

Reaction score
I built my pond in what is known here as a "seasonal creek". It runs during our rainy season, which is usually 8 - 9 months! The first pond was smaller and I didn't have any fish or plants, so just kind of let it go. During the winter it filled up with smelly silt and was not good. I have now dug the pond out bigger, got plants and fish and I want it to stay nice. I have the water level adjusted so the amount that flows in will flow out the other end. My question/hope is that if I make a bog area on the in-flowing side, along with several small dips in the "creek" bed , will that catch the silt and keep it out of the pond?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
How large is the pond? Do you have any pictures? My pond is very small but instead of flush with the ground, I raised the sides about 3" so Run-off would not go into the pond and give my filter and extra job it does not need to have. :)

Ask a Question