250 litre pond

JRS

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum. Depends on filtration, plants and such. More info. would be helpful.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
2 cats welcome 1.gif
@ieesha05
Converted to gallons that is only 66 gallons so I'd say about 3 goldfish as they do grow. They might even grow too big eventually for that small of a pond and they could reproduce and then you would need to start giving them away or dig a bigger pond. I vote for digging a bigger pond :happy:

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
How many goldfish can I have in a 250 litre pond.
250 liters is not very large. Your Goldfish will grow and soon be too large for this size pond. So I advise no more than a dozen and you may have to re-home a few in a year or 2. That is my opinion, others may have more sound advice.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I put 3 2 inch gold fish in my 85 gal pond last spring. They are all over 5 inches now. I am already putting out feelers to possibly rehome one or more by this fall. I am hoping they don't grow as much this summer.....or have babies! Some other members were talking about some gold fish breeds that stayed smaller and grew slowly but I'm not familiar with them.

Ask a Question