27 Gallon Container Filter

Reaction score
Thanks shakaho, Ill have to remember that for future pond projects. I already have 2 of these 27 gallons built. I would have to use uniseals for a round container instead of bulkheads which im not sure how reliable or leak free those are, plus I heard they are a booger to get pipe through it, Or I could seal it with marine sealant (y)
Well I'm a little old lady of 71, and I can put a pipe through a uniseal. Those up to an inch go through with no special treatment. The bigger ones are easy to put through if you just bevel the end slightly with a file. A technician at aquatic ecosystems told me that the main reason people have trouble getting the pipe through is that they don't bother to sand the burrs off the hole before putting the uniseal in. I have used dozens of uniseals in lots of containers and the only problem I had was when I put one in a really thin, flexible round flowerpot. It wiggled and dripped. I pulled the unseal and used some liner repair tape to reinforce the wall inside and out, cut the hole in the reinforcement, put the uniseal back in and it worked fine.

Reaction score
Well I'm a little old lady of 71, and I can put a pipe through a uniseal. Those up to an inch go through with no special treatment. The bigger ones are easy to put through if you just bevel the end slightly with a file. A technician at aquatic ecosystems told me that the main reason people have trouble getting the pipe through is that they don't bother to sand the burrs off the hole before putting the uniseal in. I have used dozens of uniseals in lots of containers and the only problem I had was when I put one in a really thin, flexible round flowerpot. It wiggled and dripped. I pulled the unseal and used some liner repair tape to reinforce the wall inside and out, cut the hole in the reinforcement, put the uniseal back in and it worked fine.

Shakaho,

Your last statement regarding a thin walled vessel was my concern as well. But, you point out that the situation can be overcome and adapted to. Thanks also for mentioning to bevel the end of the pipe and debur the hole for the uniseal. I forgot to state those recommendations. These tips are listed on the Uniseal website and I think they even send a little instruction leaflet when you order their products.

Gordy

Ask a Question