90 turn for water pump

MrB

MrB
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hello, I'm putting a new submersible pump in my pond and would like to add a 1-1/4 inch, 90° nozzle/turn that mounts on top of the pump instead of the normal straight up kind because the flex hose almost sticks up out of the water and I've always hated it. I realize I can mount a 90° barb on top of the straight up pump outlet to achieve this but it still would be pretty high. I've looked high and low for a 90° nozzle but haven't found anything. So, does anybody know where something like that can be found?

Another solution would be to lie the pump on its side so the outlet would, in essence, stick out sideways and accomplish the same purpose but I don't know if that would hurt the pump or not. What do you think?

JRS

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
What is your new pump? Some have volutes you can rotate. Supreme Mag drives can be run on their side without an issue. Drawback of a 90 on the output is the reduction in flow.

MrB

MrB
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
What is your new pump? Some have volutes you can rotate. Supreme Mag drives can be run on their side without an issue. Drawback of a 90 on the output is the reduction in flow.
It's a Polar Aurora 2100 GPH with adjustable flow, ceramic shaft, 70 watt draw. It doesn't say if it's a mag drive.
Just FYI, I realized that getting 2100 GPH on 70 watts is a bit of a stretch. And I understand, 90° on the output will reduce the flow. My current pump is about 1300 GPH so I'm hoping that even with a 90° turn, it will still have more then there is now. 🙂

Last edited:

JRS

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Is this the one? If so, says vertical or horizontal on site.

Attachments

• 1708895129637.png
    1708895129637.png
    554.1 KB · Views: 3

MrB

MrB
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yes, that's it. "Suit vertical or horizontal mounting." Great, on its side it goes. 👍👍👍

Thanks, JRS

Ask a Question