A Deer, A Blue Heron, and a Wood Duck walk into a bar.......

C

corgi

Deer - Great Blue Heron - Wood Duck. Another first for me. There were
a total of 8 deer checking out the Blue Heron, more out of curiosity.
The Blue Heron kept side stepping away from them as the group of them
kept getting closer to check him out. The wood duck in the pic
was an added bonus.

A Deer, a Blue Heron, and a Wood Duck
walk into a bar..........

Bartender says, "Why the long faces?"

gktHw74h.jpg

A couple more recent shots

Two Turkeys and a Borg
7149ioih.jpg

Kingfisher
GdJvVtzh.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

YShahar

Enthusiastic duct-tape engineer
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
Cool! Love that pic of the kingfisher. The ones we have are bright turquoise on the back and wings, but have a similar "tuxedo" front.

Wasn't able to locate the wood duck in your top photo...
How much wood would a wood duck duck if a wood duck could duck wood?

C

corgi

Cool! Love that pic of the kingfisher. The ones we have are bright turquoise on the back and wings, but have a similar "tuxedo" front.

Wasn't able to locate the wood duck in your top photo...
How much wood would a wood duck duck if a wood duck could duck wood?
I noticed that as well, and found that I had not made the correct link from imgur. I adjusted it and now it should be seen. Thanks.

YShahar

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
I noticed that as well, and found that I had not made the correct link from imgur. I adjusted it and now it should be seen. Thanks.
Aha! Now I see it! Thanks!

All these great pics make me really want a good digital camera. I do have a couple of marvelous old film cameras, including a Nikon F2, plus a few things that really belong in a museum for the Second Oldest Profession. But all I've got camera-wise now is the rather shoddy camera on my Iphone 7. Once the overdraft is brought to within reasonable limits, I'll start looking for a used digicam.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Deer - Great Blue Heron - Wood Duck. Another first for me. There were
a total of 8 deer checking out the Blue Heron, more out of curiosity.
The Blue Heron kept side stepping away from them as the group of them
kept getting closer to check him out. The wood duck in the pic
was an added bonus.

A Deer, a Blue Heron, and a Wood Duck
walk into a bar..........

Bartender says, "Why the long faces?"

gktHw74h.jpg

A couple more recent shots

Two Turkeys and a Borg
7149ioih.jpg

Kingfisher
GdJvVtzh.jpg
I have North Woods envy! Can't imagine seeing all of those animals at once...Heaven on earth...

Reaction score
Aha! Now I see it! Thanks!

All these great pics make me really want a good digital camera. I do have a couple of marvelous old film cameras, including a Nikon F2, plus a few things that really belong in a museum for the Second Oldest Profession. But all I've got camera-wise now is the rather shoddy camera on my Iphone 7. Once the overdraft is brought to within reasonable limits, I'll start looking for a used digicam.
Did I miss it? What photography equipment was used to take these photos?

C

corgi

I used a Canon SX 60 PS which is a point and shoot style camera. It takes great videos as well, but is a far cry from
the top notch glass in Nikon, or Canon's best. 60 x digital zoom lets me get close.

The first pic with the wood duck, deer, and Blue Heron, was about a 100 yards away.
The shot with the turkeys, about 30 yards for the turkeys, and almost twice that for the
Blue Heron.

The King Fisher shot was about 40 yards. I took all of these inside shooting through two panes of insulated window, so they would
be sharper if I stepped out the door.

The camera was about $450. The shutter release and tripod was about another $75. I would love to have the Nikkor lenses that
would allow me the same zoom capabilities as the Canon SX 60, but cannot afford it. So this camera is a decent compromise.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Great pictures!

I too have my old (film) SLR with all the lenses and other accessories sitting in a case/bag in my closet.

I wish there were a conversion device that wasn't too expensive and good quality that would go in place of the film that would convert it to digital. Something that would cost less than buying a new digital camera and all the accessories.

YShahar

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
Great pictures!

I too have my old (film) SLR with all the lenses and other accessories sitting in a case/bag in my closet.

I wish there were a conversion device that wasn't too expensive and good quality that would go in place of the film that would convert it to digital. Something that would cost less than buying a new digital camera and all the accessories.

Back when digital first came out, I was wondering why noone came out with a digital film canister that would go in our old film cameras and turn them into digicams. I've held onto three really nice SLRs (plus a few museum pieces) in hopes that some such conversion kit would come along. But so far I've not seen anything like that.

Ask a Question