A great encounter yesterday

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Yesterday was a great day. This fellow was in our yard. I have seen them and heard them but always usually late at night. I happened to look out the door at our pond and I see the owl on the ground. Looked like it was eating a small bird. I grabbed the camera and slowly managed to get out on the deck. It seemed to completely swallowed the bird. As I raised the camera it flew but to my surprise it flew closer to me on a perch I have at the bird feeders. I took a few shots and (it stayed their for a good 10 minutes) then it flew to another tree not far from the perch it was on but in a different spot. Tough for pictures there. Then later my wife and I had to go out about a half hour later and there it is again in our yard. It was fun having such great views of the owl. The lightning was very gray with clouds and time of day but I will take it.

Barred Owl in our yard by A & R Photography, on Flickr

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Your pics are one better than the other, I really enjoy your posts, Thank you for sharing!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Gorgeous creature....at first I thought it was a snowy owl. I often hear them but have only seen one once.

Ask a Question