addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I married my first ever internet meet......................so be careful!

morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Great connection, Dave. Enjoy.

I, however, couldn't help but chuckle over the heading of the thread "A meeting of two members".

What immediately came to mind was an old John Ritter film where he gets caught in a situation wearing a glow-in-the-dark add-on, and is confronted by same.

Anyone remember that one? En garde, monsieur!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Dirty minded you are tut tut :D:LOL:
Interestingly a friend of mine wore of those glow in the dark condoms, when he entered the bedroom his wife thought it so funny that in the end nothing happene as she couldnt stop laughing.(y)

Dave

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
MW that was so nuts................guess I missed that movie
and @Dave 54 I can just picture that................oh but I really shouldn't :shame:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
No need picture it j.w. get your hubby to buy one and have a big laugh :LOL:

Dave

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh me oh my! Will you be telling your friend on Sunday about how your meeting up post led to such frolicking?

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Oh me oh my! Will you be telling your friend on Sunday about how your meeting up post led to such frolicking?
How do they say it? What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas..................

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep that's in Vegas but we are on this pond forum and anyone in the world could be watching :watching:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Well Andy arrived this afternoon and spent a good few hours with us, he was a really nice guy very easy to talk to ,very interested in our koi which I took him outside to see .
When it got a little cold we came indoors to a cup of tea that Val had made for him .
We then went through the photos and video's of his pond in Gratz Austria , it turns out his koi dealer is a police officer :eek:
His pond was set in a large garden and was teeming with goldfish but his koi though not show grade where stunning , he took me through his filters and how he made them everything.
We showed him our collection koi/ fish health/fish disease/fish behavural/fish pathology /fish Physiology books, which he was quite impressed by....
We then took him through our first aid kit and told him how to build up his very own first aid kit for his fish , also what he should look for in microscopes and our second first aid kit.
Then we had a photo shoot on his tablet taking photos of our meeting ( hpe he doesnt print the funy one :LOL:.
As a present to take away with him I gave him our second copy of Nicholas Saint-Erne DVM's book of Advanced Koi Care for Veterinarians and Professional Koi Keepers which looking through it he was very impressed by and Andy in return presented us with some rather yummy Austrian Chocotes he'd brought over for us we also presented him with this years show program.
Andy was amazed by all the awards we'd won with our koi especially when we told him that what he could see on display were only half of them
He also met our female cat Pepsi out by the pond and as he left up popped two tails Jack , hopfully Andy will post the photos soon so you can all see the meeing :happy:
Weve both promised to keep in touch by email .
All in all we found Andy a really friendly and inteligent guy willing to learn al he can about koi hopefully he'll pop over when he visits Plymouth again next year :cool:
Many thanx for taking the time to visit Andy (y)

Dave

Last edited:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Sounds like you had a very enjoyable time w/Andy. Very nice and looking forward to seeing pictures of the visit :)

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Fantastic! I have met a few forum ponders it is fun to actually meet in "real" life. in the real per the chat world.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
Austria
Hi,

I guess it's my turn then, but to be honest i'm slightly embarrassed by all the praise Dave has heaped on me. Thanks Dave!

He's covered everything we did in much more detail than i could!, but i think i can add that i was impressed by the number and variety of fish that Dave has. He's also got plans for building a deck around the tank which will make it an ideal place to relax when the weather is nice (all of 2 days a year in Plymouth from what i remember! :) )

I've also got to thank Dave once again for the book. I wasn't expecting that at all... after all, he's already helped me out so many times already. I have to send over more chocolates i guess :)

It was great to meet someone from the forum in person, and i found Dave and Val to be very down to earth, open and honest people who are passionate about the hobby, although Dave was shocked when i told him i have a Koi with serrated fins (sorry Dave, i forgot the name), which apparently is a cross breed and would get me lynched in the BKK :)

I'll send you the pics soon Dave.

Cheers,

Andy

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Glad you had a nice time visiting w/Dave and Val. Never seen a koi w/serrated fins...............can you post a photo of it?

Ask a Question