A meeting of two members

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
:LOL: Andy no need to be embarrased only speaking as I found you and I'm a good judge of people , the koi he was talking about was a beautiful Ogon butterfly koi.
Unlike the AKCA the BKKS wouldnt take them onboard , well not yet anyway speaking of Photo's Andy you'll have to post the ones you took well not the last one of me not with such a funny face pulled (he caught me on the hop :LOL:).
Had to wait forever to come online tonight as weve been sat in the middle of a nasty thunderstorm caused by the mother of all storms winging its way across the big pond at us, man did it flash and bang tonight really close too
More choccys oh boy yes please we were on a choccy high continental chocolate being that much stronger than the stuff that we get in the UK it tastes real
By the way Andy the halway is almost fiished now (he caught us mid decoration )(y)

Dave

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
No sadly Andy didnt Maria but I've got some on my mobile , I just have to figure out how to get them on my Pc and I'll post them

Dave

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
Austria
Hi Dave, and everyone else! :)

Here's the photo at last... sorry it took so long, things have been a bit busy since i got back, but today is lovely and sunny so we're working in the garden and generally pottering around.

20141012_161315.jpg

@tbendl - yes, i made it out alive! Luckily only Dave and Val were there... if it had been a club meet i would have been done for :) Here's the fish in question anyway, shown next to the biggest fish i've got 'Bill' :

IMG_2802_s.jpg

Is the storm still bad over there? If you need more chocs to get through it let me know :)

@bettasngoldfish - You're right, I should have taken some pics of Dave's pond too... next time.

cheers,

Andy.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Could you post the photo of you and Val as well please Andy, thank god you didnt use the other one lol (dont you dare):eek: .
As you can see the fish Andy was on about is a beautiful butterfly Ogon to the right of Andy's favorite koi the big one in the middle a stunningly huge koi :happy:
Behind Andy and I you can see some of the many Rosettes Val and I hav won over the years Andy can attest to the glass trophies on the fire place that weve also won over the many years of showing
By the way I dont normally sport long hair like this its normally short but I'm growing it so that at a later date I can raise money for Muscular dystrophy and have it shaved off (the longer the better):happy:

Dave

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Just emailed my 83 year old Mum with the photo's , she will be so very pleased with them that I know :happy:

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
The butterfly koi if you recall Andy, I said was a crossing of the koi carp and the Indonesian river carp thus giving them the flowing finnage people in the US and now Laterly in the UK have taken to their hearts .
Strangely the Japanese koi people like our very own BKKS refuse to recognise them which is really a shame as they are stunningly beautiful koi when all is said and done .:)

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Mitch what do you think about the head of hair :LOL: not bad for a guy who's nearer to 60 than 50 , I thoroughly enjoyed Andys visit as did Val , hes quick to pick up on things and he will I know take alott away with him and will study the book we gave him from cover to cover learning from it as he goes along , he has my emal address should he wish to discuss any points and I look forwards to helping him .
Hopefully like ourselves he will then pass the knowledge learned on to others so that they in turn will learn .
Who knows he may even create a koi club in Gantz , we hope to meet again with him next year when he visits Plymouth he is a really nice person :Happy:

Dave

Ask a Question