A meeting of two members

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Cheeky Mitch :LOL: its all mine I grew it myself :)
Been growing it just over a year and a half my hair is obcene according to my Barber it is so thick and grows at an astonishing rate lol
It nice to put a fave to a person what did you think of the new look skinny Val ?:happy:

Dave

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Cheeky Mitch :LOL: its all mine I grew it myself :)
Been growing it just over a year and a half my hair is obcene according to my Barber it is so thick and grows at an astonishing rate lol
It nice to put a fave to a person what did you think of the new look skinny Val ?:happy:

Dave

Nice, Dave. My hair inventory is going the opposite direction.:LOL:
Skinnier is healthier, no doubt.(y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Nice, Dave. My hair inventory is going the opposite direction.:LOL:
Skinnier is healthier, no doubt.(y)
Skinnier isnt my forte anymore sadly Mitch my waist line is a whole 10" wider than it used to be but 6" smaller since Vals operation I've gone down from a stretched 46 on the tight side to 40" going towards 39" which hey at my age I'll settle for my friend :LOL:
Personally my hair is a pain it just keeps on growing is a curse :(

Dave

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
I'm betting you likely will never be bald Dave. I don't even see any gray hair, what's with that? lol

Val is looking good, tell her to keep up the good work (y)
Acctually Maria both leading edges of my hair are indeed grey , its probably the light the shot was took in that hides that , my hair is also speckled with grey as well , my motto for men you dont need hair dye guys , just grow old gracefully the ladies like that in a man ,
I mean just look at Sean Connery in The hunt for red october lol Alec Baldwin is on record as saying he thought he would be the male sex symbol on that movie after all Sean was an old man by this time .
Then in walked Sean Connery with his steely grey hair and Beard and he had to think again even though Sean was wearing a hair piece :happy:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099810/

In that I rest my case am I right Ladies ?

Dave

Last edited:

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Just awesome, guys! So happy for everyone that the visit was able to happen! ....and an English tea break! Pictures are great!

It would be fun if more of us could get together for meets -- or just stay in touch enough that if one of us is "going to be in the area" of another memeber [and has the time], we could get together. Problem with me is that any trips we plan, we're on a tight schedule that doesn't include side-trips.....darn!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
Austria
I thoroughly enjoyed Andys visit as did Val , hes quick to pick up on things and he will I know take alott away with him and will study the book we gave him from cover to cover learning from it as he goes along , he has my emal address should he wish to discuss any points and I look forwards to helping him .
Hopefully like ourselves he will then pass the knowledge learned on to others so that they in turn will learn .
Who knows he may even create a koi club in Gantz , we hope to meet again with him next year when he visits Plymouth he is a really nice person :Happy:
Dave

Thanks Dave... more praise. The Mrs is starting to think i paid you to write all this :) I started reading the book, but then Peter F Hamiltons new Sci-Fi book turned up and that trumps the Fish book i'm afraid. :) I've almost finished it though, and then it'll be back to the fish book.

I have to go back to the Copper / Koi Dealer this weekend anyway to get some more fish food, so i'll ask him about clubs in the area. There might already be one, although i suspect that his shop *is* the club. For those who are interested here's his website : http://www.koigarten.at/ It's German, obviously, but it's not that difficult to work out what the various sections are.

@TurtleMommy - There's not that many Europeans here, but you're right, it would be good to meet more people. Wasn't there a map on this site somewhere showing where everyone is?

cheers,

Andy.

Ask a Question