A people picture thread I thought to share

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
People Picture Thraed - Don't Use Slow Internet

I think they're random pictures, but the second or third set appears to be from a koi contest show of sorts.

I specifically wanted to show how huge these koi are. I've never really found any that offered a good perspective until now. HUGE!! ((shown below)) Just think of the filtration used to process the biomass of a pond full of these guys and the carbonate consumption would be crazy that would occur when using a poorly built pond design and inadequate filtration system.

Attachments

• bigpondkoi1.JPG
    bigpondkoi1.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 315
  • bigpondkoi2.JPG
    bigpondkoi2.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 385

Ruben Miranda

I am so confused
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
12a
Country
United States
Hello
Wow!!!
Well I have seen big koi but it stil lamazes me and they are Beautiful.
I would say maybe 3 foot that 2nd pic looks like they made there pool in to a pond :goldfish:

Bear in the hood pic, Taken yesterday in Monrovia she has her cup with her saw her last year and the cub was a little guy
but he has really grown in a year, tryied to get a pic of him but did not turn out so well only had my cell with me.
Mama bear
Mama bear.jpeg

Baby not so small anymore look close he is up the tree eating Avocados.
Cub.jpg

Love the wild life

Ruben

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Those are some huge koi! Glad I only have to feed my goldfish as those big koi must eat a ton of food!

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Excuse the underlining, I have no clue why it's doing that or how to fix it. That's Stephens Koi, and that's not his Biggest. The one Mary is feeding is 34" last time I heard a measurement. The yellow Chagoi is 32" I don't see their Karagoi, she's almost 36". Some of the Koi in the front of his house are even bigger but not quite as good of quality as those. Those in that pond are their pride and Joys and all are over 30". They have well over 2500 koi on the property at any given time with over 100 being over the 30" mark. But then again, with a 1,000,000 gallon pond he has plenty of room to grow them if he can keep the gators out. This the Varsity Mud pond, gives a clear idea why his koi get so big. http://www.koiphen.c...dpond Probably the most amazing pond builds I have ever followed.

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Awesome Fishin. Thanks man. Very interesting. And yeah, the underlining is annoying. :) "if he can keep the gaters out". that's awesome man. :LOL: And shoot man, that Varsity Mud pond is an olympic sized pool or water park, not a pond !!! ;) :LOL:

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Stephen and Mary are now working on a piece of swamp property similar to our property. They are clearing and making a ATV riding trail to the swamp (Lower Florida) Similar to our small trail. I tried to buy a piece of property from them up in Bullsgap Tenn. that used to be a small koi farm. but the deal fell through. Yea, I love the property where the Varsity pond is and I love the log cabin. Thing is, that's not the house they live in, the house they live in is bigger and on the beach, Must be nice!!!!! LOL

Ask a Question