? about joining 2 liners ?

Reaction score
I am wanting to make my 500 gallon pond bigger. I will not be doing this till next spring but wanting to collect all the info I can. My question is there anyway I can join another liner I buy with the one that is down now? I hate the thought of having to take apart the waterfalls that I have now. Thanks.......

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It would depend on where you want to add on to the old .I would not try to put 2 liners together near the bottom though ,I would be a nightmare if the seal gives out on you .If you are doing an upper pond to a lower pond and they are over lapped and sealed with that pl goop addy uses then you can do it .

Reaction score
I have about a 3ft area and then it gets shallow gradually to the sides. It would be on the bottom of a shallow side. Would that work?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I would not trust any glue up that is on the bottom because you never know if the seal is tight enough or water proof ,hate to say it buy a bigger liner and make the old liner part of a small upper pond with lots of plants to clean your pond .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I would buy bigger and keep the smaller one for another pond!

Reaction score
Depends on the liner material. For materials that can be seamed it certainly is possible. Whether you want to or not is a personal choice. IMO liner needs to be seamed on a flat surface, like a concrete driveway. You might be able to lay a wood beam across a pond to do the seam.

However this isn't a job I would want to take on, not so much because of the seam, but because it could be a real pain getting the new hole in the right position. Normally we dig the hole and can position the liner to fit the hole. In your case the liner is in a fixed position.

Would just add the new pond and connect the two with a stream, unless space is a problem. If space is the issue I'd tear down the waterfall and rebuild. To me that's less work. With connected ponds you get almost all the benefits of a single pool pond...same water volume even if the fish can't swim in the total space.

Ask a Question