Joining Two Ponds Together Advice

Reaction score
Hi all

Recently we decided to replace are old pond that was made using a liner with a plastic mold with the intention of putting are Goldies and Comets in, as there currently sharing an indoor pond with are Terrapin and getting to be quite large. We've already installed the pond but where struggling to come up with a solution on how to attach it to a smaller pond made with a liner that we put in for birds to use. Would something like aquarium sealant stick the liner to the plastic pond?. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Welcome!

The issue of joining liners does come up, so maybe someone who has done so successfully will chime in and tell you what worked for them. I haven't paid much attention, but it sounds like it is possible in some circumstances. Not sure about joining a liner to a pre-formed, though.

Are the ponds on the same level, or is one higher than the other? It's usually easier to do if you're working with the "waterfall" effect.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Paul am I thinking your in Newcastle UK ?
One of the nices places I;ve had the pleasure to stay in, I lived for a while with a lady from Heaton off of the Shields Road just by the Rabies Pub .
The Biker wall wanst that far away and the metro was in its early days back then I loved the People who worked and played hard and were really nice folk .
The best sea;lant you can buy is gold label pond sealant its the only one that sets underwater too please see link :-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Label-Aquarium-UNDERWATER-Sealer-Sealant/dp/B003F6CJJQ

I hope this helps you its damn good stuff, weve used it on a number of occaisons before now including sealing our ponds bottom drain and it held together beautifully .

rgrds

Dave

Ask a Question